Symantec’s Consumer Business Unit is looking for a talented, all-around digital marketer with a proven track record in up-sell and cross-sell strategy and implementation. As the Consumer Business Unit (which manages the Norton and LifeLock brands) seeks to drive continued revenue growth, identifying opportunities to introduce existing customers to new products and services via up-sell and cross-sell is a key strategic pillar for success. With the recent introduction of our Consumer Cyber Safety platform, which includes device, identity, privacy, and home network protections, the Consumer Business Unit is looking to rapidly expand the adoption rate of these new products and services. This individual will be responsible for driving increased customer lifetime value via global up-sell and cross-sell strategies to our existing customer base.
The Director, Global Customer Growth Strategy, will enjoy a challenging and rewarding experience working with people across the largest consumer cybersecurity business in the world. This role partners with teams including but not limited to: eBusiness, Product Management, Product Marketing, Pricing, Optimization, Analytics, Reporting, Customer Support, Telesales, Business Operations, Legal and Finance in order to take their strategic priorities through to execution.
Tens of millions of people rely on Norton and LifeLock to help protect their digital lives every day. This individual will play a major role in shaping the introduction of new products and services to our customer base and driving the continued growth of the CBU.
- Own and deliver against the quarterly and annual performance goals for Growth
- Work as part of a global CRM team to develop and execute business strategies designed to maximize adoption of new products and services across all phases of the post-activation customer lifecycle
- Lead a cross-functional agile marketing team to deliver against their annual performance goals for growth in the key US market
- Lead a global team to identify opportunities to deliver growth in major markets outside the US
- Follow the mental model of Data to Information, Information to Insights, Insights to Action in order to make informed decisions about growth opportunities using strong business acumen, critical thinking and analytical decision-making
- Provide regular reporting on progress against quarterly and annual performance targets to senior leadership
- Advocate for the needs of the global Growth team to ensure that goals can be met and are not limited by data, technology, platform, or resource constraints
Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Analytical problem solver comfortable using data and business acumen to guide decisions
- Previous work in B2C or B2B2C models with experience in using the entire marketing funnel to support up-sell and cross-sell. Prior experience selling to consumers, especially subscription-based offerings, preferred
- Familiarity with agile in digital marketing and working in a fast-paced environment to continually push new initiatives forward
- E-Commerce background with familiarity of the principles of conversion rate optimization, customer lifecycle, omni-channel marketing, etc.
- Familiarity with design, multivariate or A/B testing, use of dashboards to analyze data strongly preferred
- Candidates should be willing to drive initiatives through to completion, ensuring that individuals and teams are following up in a timely manner, that work is being prioritized appropriately and that the good of the customer is a part of all decisions
- Candidates should be proficient in reading and writing in US English and have a good understanding of the cultural nuances associated with communicating to large numbers of American consumers
- This role reports to the Senior Director of Global Retention Strategy for the Consumer Business Unit
- This role will be based out of Symantec’s Mountain View, California headquarters