Develops the company's Regulatory Compliance Program; collaborates with legal, compliance and business colleagues to develop, implement, maintain and enhance the Compliance Program, to include implementing written policies, procedures, and standards of conduct, leading effective training programs, conducting internal monitoring and auditing, and directing investigations to respond promptly to detected offenses and undertake corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Initially leads the domestic Compliance Program for the Company, but will rapidly move into leading the program on a global basis.
- 2. Demonstrates a solid understanding of the company's businesses, goals, and compliance risks and identifies appropriate compliance strategies to achieve those goals and minimize those risks.
- 3. Responsible for the platform's Compliance Program planning and development functions, ensuring there is a plan designed to meet all program requirements, in line with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- 4. Promotes use of the Compliance Hotline, heightened awareness of the Code of Honor, and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- 5. Monitors and reports on the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness.
- 6. Acts as a strategic business partner for leadership on matters of major importance to the company providing information related to all aspects of compliance; reports ongoing compliance issues, intentional acts of non-compliance, fraud, waste and abuse. Provides guidance on compliance matters associated with new products, services and markets.
- 7. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- 8. Collaborates closely with colleagues on the Legal Team, Internal Audit, HR, Finance and other core functions in order to direct compliance issues through the appropriate channels for investigation and resolution; works towards future improvements as the Compliance Program evolves.
- 9. Provides an independent review and establishes appropriate evaluation mechanisms to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the platform are appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- 10. Partners with the appropriate business areas to deliver supplemental compliance training that further amplifies the corporate program, engages employees, and addresses specific needs.
- 11. Advises on day-to-day general compliance questions and responds to questions falling under the jurisdiction of local civil, commercial, corporate, conflicts of interest, data protection and privacy laws.
- 12. Identifies and executes on opportunities for continuous improvement to, efficient operation of, and potential savings opportunities in compliance services.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 1. Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 2. Twelve plus years of experience within relevant field (healthcare; supply chain compliance; medical device)
- 3. Must have a minimum of ten years of international compliance experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1. In-depth knowledge of applicable global regulatory and compliance requirements, with an understanding of how these requirements apply to the organization's daily operations
- 2. In-depth knowledge and understanding of compliance risk management practices and methodologies, including risk assessment, monitoring/surveillance, and testing activities
- 3. Demonstrates strong knowledge of healthcare fraud and abuse laws
- 4. Strong project management skills, to include managing and prioritizing multiple concurrent projects, mapping budget and resource curves, and reporting progress and risks to colleagues and senior management
- 5. Strong business and financial acumen, with demonstrated understanding of core business processes
- 6. Experience in conducting investigations and managing the entire investigations process, including the management and tracking of the investigation lifecycle and the close-out process
- 7. Experience in executing on action plans to remediate issues identified in compliance investigations
- 8. Ability to act as a clearinghouse for compliance lessons learned and best practices
- 9. Experience in developing and maintaining effective lines of communication, including the management of a Compliance Hotline
- 10. Experience in the development, initiation, maintenance, and revision of policies and procedures for the general operation of a Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- 11. Experience in monitoring the performance of a Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis and taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness
- 12. Familiarity with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is a plus
- 13. Willing to work on the smallest and simplest, as well as the most complex, compliance matters faced by the Company