As members of the People and Places team, we are stewards of Intuit's greatest strategic asset: Our People. Our mission is to drive a high performing organization in a growth oriented global company. Our vision is to inspire the world’s top talent to innovate and make a difference.
The Director of Compensation will help create an environment where the world’s top talent can do the best work and have an impact. You will be responsible for helping set the strategic direction and driving the execution of Intuit’s Compensation programs. You will guide the development of rewards strategies that will attract, engage and retain the breadth and depth of talent needed to enable the company to execute and innovate against its goals and growth plans.
First and foremost, this leader will be passionate about leading and developing teams. This person will have sound judgment and be able drive innovation that leads to very high quality, highly effective global compensation structures, policies, and procedures that are approachable and easy-to-understand by all while modeling Intuit’s values.
- Be Bold – solve BIG customer problems, create a vision that inspires, and think beyond what is accepted as possible
- Be Passionate – personally embrace and role model change, inspire with your insights and initiative, and strive to perfect your craft every day
- Be Decisive – Choose what we will and will not do, be transparent with your logic and judgment, and be direct and respectful
- Learn Fast – Lead with a hypothesis, measure and act on what matters most, and savor the surprises
- Win Together – deliver exceptional results so others can count on you, develop yourself and others to do the best work of our lives, and be boundary-less in our thinking and actions
- Deliver Awesome – Delight our customers and partners with experiences they love, nail the fundamentals and sweat the details, and never stop short of awesome
- Drive strategic planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, and administration of corporate-wide compensation programs in service of attracting and retaining top talent
- Build capability in leaders to make effective pay decisions
- Lead the analysis of company compensation policies in relation to similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive pay rates and ensure equity
- Lead job analysis to determine appropriate market pricing; provide advice on compensation actions for employees
- Develop pay systems that are industry competitive and enable management to focus on and reward individual and group performance
- Drive year end talent and pay process in conjunction with key partners across Rewards and Talent Performance
- Manage the Company’s employee equity budget including targets, allocation and grant practices
- Manage the Company’s recognition program (Spotlight) and coordinate with vendors and delivery functions
- Provide support for the Talent Acquisition team in terms of offer development and tools to support talent acquisition efforts
- Ensure programs are current with regard to trends, practices, and costs
- Ensure alignment of incentive/reward elements with culture, strategy, and operational outcomes
- Maintain knowledge of government regulations, program trends, and practices among similar organizations.
- Work with accounting, legal, and tax departments to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all tax laws
- Maintain a working knowledge of international, federal, and state legislation influencing compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource, business, or related area
- 10–12 or more years of rewards/compensation experience including people leadership
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of Federal and State employment laws: FLSA, EEO, etc. required
- Expertise in the design, development, implementation, and administration of all types of compensation programs (benchmark, incentive, sales and all other employees)
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of international compensation practices