The Director, Global Compensation and Benefits will lead, plan, develop and oversee global compensation and benefits programs and initiatives including reviewing and modifying existing programs, supporting the recruitment process, and overseeing all compensation and benefits related strategy. The role is accountable for the development and implementation of market competitive and cost-effective programs that enhance employee retention and support attraction of top talent. Position requires prior experience leading compensation and benefit programs for a globally distributed workforce and a demonstrated understanding of competitive practices in the clinical trial business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures to support evolving global business requirements.
- Evaluate, modify and manage compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures globally.
- Plan, drive and deliver annual salary survey and merit strategy/process.
- Design, assess and deliver global variable compensation plans and programs including annual bonus plan(s), sales incentive plan(s), ad hoc bonus programs, and employee recognition programs.
- Support regional HR Teams and managers in compensation analyses for promotions, hires and market adjustments.
- Drive total rewards philosophies, projects and processes that require global alignment.
- Ensure legal and internal compliance of compensation programs in countries as applicable.
- Inform and educate executives, managers and associates on compensation structure and related policies/procedures.
- Communicate with third-party services to negotiate benefit plans and resolve benefit-related issues.
- Collaborate with business leaders and finance to ensure compensation budget and accruals are accurate and timely.
Provides leadership to internal and external partners supporting multi-national compensation and benefits programs and projects. Expected have direct supervisory responsibility for 1-2 specialist resources as the business expands. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field. Graduate level education in a related subject is highly beneficial.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in compensation and benefits discipline
- Experience working in complex global organizations with geographic and functional matrixed reporting relationships
- Proven experience conducting global pay market analysis and building global compensation plans and programs.
- Experience managing benefits and compensation in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Consultative approach to business partnership. Strong strategic thinking and leadership to envision, to engage different key stakeholders and to enable team to execute the desired result.
- Strong financial acumen including ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Excellent analytical skills, math/statistical aptitude with professional and accurate output.
- Strong people and project management/organizational skills to lead initiatives
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively to employees at all levels within the company
- Relevant certifications, such as a CEBS or SHRM certification, preferred.
- Possesses knowledge of employment and wage and hour laws and demonstrates ability to interpret and apply practically.
- Thorough understanding of benefit design, negotiation, and administration; including ERISA and other country specific benefit laws. Working closely with brokers to make design recommendations while meeting the strategic objectives of plans.
- Familiarity and knowledge of working with HRIS to support compensation strategy and implementation.
- Travel as needed to support business needs