We're looking for an experienced, fearless, and creative Director of Global Communications who can lead our media and public relations team to amazing new heights. This is an incredible opportunity to shape the Udemy narrative around the world at a key growth moment for the company and the larger edtech space.
You have a proven track of consistently growing a company's profile, and you have a passion for winning at an increasingly competitive media relations game. You're hands-on and on top of the details, but you're also comfortable managing a world-class team and providing C-level counsel.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Develop and execute strategic global D2C and B2B communications programs, including PR/media relations, analyst relations, thought leadership, content, and social media.
- Partner with multiple external agencies around the world to win share of voice.
- Offer senior communications counsel to our spokesforce (executives and external spokespeople).
- Manage and mentor internal communications team.
We're excited about you because you have:
- We're excited about you because you have:10+ years professional experience in global communications, public relations, media relations, and social media.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables seamlessly.
- Global perspective shaped by working with teams and programs outside of the U.S.
- Agency and inhouse experience, including experience managing and developing an in-house team.
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Quick, skillful, and detail-oriented management expertise.
- Comfort working with multiple high-stakes programs at the same time.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
This role is based in San Francisco
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).