This is a unique opportunity for a highly-motivated globally-minded communications figurehead to make a real impact on the future of Tek. As the Director of the Corporate Communications team you will be instrumental in safeguarding and enhancing the reputation of Tek on a global basis. He/She will play a critical role communicating the Tek global messaging, while advising the business at the highest level including the President, L1 leadership team, General Managers and regional Commercial Leaders. Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications he/she will work closely with the Communications team to lead and execute the global communication vision including effective media relations strategies that communicate the Tek story.
- Responsible for the Global Corporate Communications strategy
- Provide communications expertise, support and advice to the President and L1 team, to translate complex messages into clear, concise communications suitable for global audiences
- Partner closely with the HR internal communications team on messaging and communications strategies.
- Coordinate advocacy initiatives and media relations, both outreach and response
- Work closely with brand to deliver the CSR program for Tek on a global basis
- Championing professional communications standards throughout Tek and install best practice across all writing, editing and visual presentation globally
- Ensuring that the full corporate narrative is reflected in all external communications and is maintained in the agreed form
- Manage the relationships with any agencies used for corporate PR, public affairs or campaign support
- Ensure a steady pipeline of company news: industry awards, partner wins, product launches, customer stories, surveys
- Manage a direct and indirect team of communications specialists.
Required Experience & Skills
- Significant experience of working in Corporate Communications at a Global level
- Appreciation of developing trends in the media and for communications in general, including the importance of content, social media, digital alongside more traditional channels
- 15+ years of experience in communications within a Global organization
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated creativity in driving executive communications and thought leadership activity
- Demonstrable superior judgement in all situations to protect reputation and clear demonstration of influence at a board level.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Appreciation of developing trends in the media and for communications in general, including the importance of content, social media, digital alongside more traditional channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the self-confidence and ability to work effectively with senior management and to represent Tek and its interests to external contacts.
- Comfortable operating within a diverse international group
- Self-starter and innovator who loves running with things while keeping key stakeholders updated on progress, opportunities and issues.
- Creative, energized, proactive and enthusiastic - willing to take initiative with confidence
- A strong team player, who thrives in a collaborative setting and works well within a global, matrixed environment
- Resilient, with the ability to work to deadlines and maintain high levels of professionalism under pressure
- Diplomatic, with the antennae to pick up on, and manage, organizational and cultural sensitivities
- Ability to keep a calm head and think clearly and quickly under pressure to make the right decisions
- Good sense of humor and able to see work as fun