- Job Description Summary
Provides and ensures the execution of the strategy of Software and Digital spend throughout the network of regional category head and lead buyers.
- Job Description
Develops and shares with category management and customers his/her supplier markets expertise
Builds a strong relationship with his/her customers and main suppliers in collaboration with regional lead buyers
Anticipates and consolidates all business needs to carry out the negotiations at regions and/or clusters and/or country levels
Adapts, elaborates and implements sourcing strategies according to category management orientations (coming from both regional category leaders and category managers)
Is accountable for achieving the objectives defined by Global category heads
Builds, coordinates and manages an efficient purchasing network dynamic aligned with category management functional management with input from Regional category heads and lead buyers
Functional management of the Lead buyers
Defines regional objectives and priorities for his/her purchasing category, in close link with category management orientations, inputs and recommendations jointly with the Regional organizations
Ensures the operational sourcing & action plan follow up for his/her purchasing categories fully aligned with category management strategy/orientation
Supports his/her lead buyers and buyers, provides advice and/or participates to their strategic negotiations according to needs
Scope is worldwide
Develops strong relationship with his/her executive customers at global and regional levels with the support of the Regional category heads and leads buyers
Ensures purchasing integration within the business at Global and regional levels with the support of the Regional category heads and lead buyers
Context of the job/major challenges
Develop, communicate & execute IS Software & Digital Procurement strategies throughout business entities and regional organizations in order to generate high level financial opportunities for the company and support business growth by selecting innovative & best in class products and services providers
Lead Competencies & Behaviors
• Translates agreed strategies into clear, tangible and actionable plans and initiatives.
• Defines and balances strategic priorities against immediate operational challenges.
Act for Change
• Looks for the opportunities that arise during times of change.
• Readily adapts to new environment, jobs, technologies and processes.
• Empowers teams to face challenges, make decisions and take action.
• Encourages collaboration and communication within and beyond the team.
Strive for Results
• Takes personal responsibility for achieving results.
• Reviews and evaluates progress against agreed targets, timelines and budgets.
• Learns – and provides opportunities for others to learn – from experience.
• Makes time to provide regular, fact based feedback for development.
• Develops and maintains effective cross-functional working relationships and partnerships.
• Responds positively and constructively to requests for support from across the organization.
• Takes responsibility for decisions and accepts accountability for results.
• Makes choices using sound judgment.
Commit to customers
• Strives to build mutually beneficial solutions and partnerships.
• Actively seeks customer feedback to identify opportunities for improvement and to gain insight to underlying needs.
5 to 8 years’ experience as a global lead buyer or Procurement manager, including Project Management experience and legal & contract expertise
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.