Reporting to the Vice President – Global FP&A, the Director of Finance is a key leader on the Global Finance Team and will provide a wide range of financial support across Fossil Group’s Brands (which include Fossil, Skagen, Michele, Michael Kors, Armani, Diesel, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and others). In this role, the Director will work closely with the Global Brand Executive Leadership Teams, Commercial Business Unit Leaders, Regional Finance Teams, and Corporate Finance / Strategy to develop short term and long term financial plans for each brand within the Fossil Group portfolio. The Director will support leadership teams in identifying Brand specific strategic objectives and initiatives and then actively work across the organization within the strategic planning and financial forecasting process to ensure those strategies and initiatives are embedded in the financial plan. The Director will also work closely with global planning and allocation, revenue management, and supply chain teams to identify and implement opportunities to improve gross margins across brands and categories.
Operating in a matrix environment, the Director will be responsible for providing timely analysis and insight that includes analysis of financial statements, KPI reporting, operational reporting, analysis of key business trends, and actual versus plan variances, including comprehensive explanations of differences. The Director will play a key role in evaluating Brand trends and modeling performance scenarios all while working with Brand Executive Leadership to adapt both operational and financial plans to address changes in trends, ultimately positioning the business to meet its commitments.
Additional responsibilities include: manage, train, motivate and influence a group of analysts, long-range planning, strategic planning, ad hoc financial analyses, coordinate and direct the preparation of financial forecasts, implement and maintain other planning and controlling procedures, analyze and report variances, and departmental expense management.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
· 10 + years of financial analysis and strategic business planning experience
· MBA/CPA preferred
· Experience in a global, matrix organization a plus
· Ability to effectively partner and influence senior level cross-functional teams
· Ability to drive alignment and trade-off decisions across the organization
· Guide, motivate, develop, and influence direct and indirect teams
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills
· Ability to model analytics and work with business unit leaders to act on appropriate changes
· Ability to work independently and solve complex problems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and reporting
· Experience with Hyperion, Essbase, or similar type of financial software