This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Windsor, CT.
As a valuable member of the Human Resources team, the Director, Global Benefits at SS&C Technologies is primarily responsible for the strategy, design, development, management, implementation, administration and compliance of global benefit and wellness programs, policies and processes in the US and in over 30 international countries where SS&C employees work. This leader will serve as a proactive subject matter expert, an innovative thinker, strong relationship builder, and business partner - facilitating business solutions through their functional and technical expertise.
This role will set the strategic direction and the execution of SS&C's global benefits programs, including health and welfare, retirement and wellness plans. The Director, Global Benefits will report to the Vice President, Global Head of Human Resources, and will play a key role in the development of our Benefits strategy to attract and delight SS&C employees around the world. This leader will oversee a team of benefits administration professionals.
The Director, Global Benefits will possess a deep comprehension of global benefits; a proven record of leading and developing teams; a creative and sophisticated approach to effective program design; an expertise with vendor management; and a relentless passion to optimize the employee experience through our global Benefits programs.
- Provide strategic vision and operational excellence in oversight of global benefits (34 countries across NAM, EMEA, APAC, Australia and other regions – and growing).
- Design, develop, review, implement and manage the administration of global employee benefit programs, processes and practices worldwide, including oversight and governance in each geographic location. Recommend modifications including improvement initiatives and plans which support SS&C's strategy. Set up benefit programs in new countries as required.
- Serve as a Benefits Subject Matter Expert by developing solutions and market based plans aligned with company strategies.
- Advise and inform management on the state of benefits worldwide, demonstrating an understanding of the market dynamics, key competitor benefit plan design, and industry trends. Use competitive market data to develop and implement strategic plans for enhancing and optimizing benefits value and delivery.
- Ensure that all worldwide employee benefit programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, time off, and retirement, etc., are administered and managed appropriately, including annual Open Enrollment processes and renewals. Direct administration of health and welfare programs to ensure accuracy of enrollment, reports, invoicing and billing as well as to minimize user issues.
- Manage effective communication of benefit strategies and programs to drive employee engagement and usage of health and welfare programs.
- Ensure compliance with all benefit programs in accordance with location-specific regulatory and government requirements where SS&C operates. In the US, this includes management of all federal and state compliance, filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs either directly or through vendor/partners. Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 Filings are filed accurately and in a timely manner, and oversee annual plan audits. Work with retirement plan vendors on all required benefit filings Census Production, and other requirements under the IRS and ERISA.
- Proactively monitor and assess current benefit programs, market trends, legislative, tax and social changes that impact current programs and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Ensure that all Time Off and Leave Programs around the world are managed in compliance with local, state/provincial, and national laws.
- Prepare worldwide annual budgets and monitor administrative costs and pricing of benefit programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternate methods of administration.
- Serve as primary contact and partner with Global Benefits Brokers/Consultants and vendor partners to ensure benefits are designed competitively and delivered efficiently and effectively with the highest levels of service.
- Manage strong cross-functional relationships with payroll, finance, legal, compliance, facilities, communications, IT and other HR colleagues including the regional HR teams.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Be a champion for innovation in the benefit and wellness space. Know what best in class companies are doing and look to integrate best practices into the SS&C processes.
- Ensure benefit programs support the company's strategic objectives by remaining knowledgeable of the key business goals.
- 15+ years of relevant benefits experience and people leadership, including 10+ years of experience with designing, implementing, and managing Benefit Programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required, preferably in Human Resources and/or Business Administration. MBA or Master's Degree in HR-related field strongly preferred.
- HR (PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of payroll regulations, IRS code, FLSA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations
- Benefits (CBP or CEBS) certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Benefits strategy, design and administration.
- Strong and extensive experience with Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Demonstrated understanding of key global business trends as well as Federal, State and Local laws related to Benefits programs.
- Solid problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and staff development skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation) and strong executive presence.
- Benefits leadership experience in a large, global company; technology company a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Results-driven professional with demonstrated track record of developing and executing strategies and displays a sense of urgency.
- Solid business acumen and strategic thinker with an excellent grasp of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business.
- Proven leadership and project management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage a team, multiple priorities and drive results.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority.
- Working knowledge of HR and/or Payroll software such as Ceridian, Workday, ADP, or other.