$200K — $250K *
The Rolling Meadows Manufacturing Team is seeking a Director, General Manufacturing. The Director, General Manufacturing will be responsible for building/testing products within cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
This position will also be responsible for inventory management and production control.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Staffing and employee development - building a pipeline of manufacturing trades technical talent for the future,
- Oversight of manufacturing assembly and test utilizing processes, controls, metrics, and procedures.
- Financial management including productive yield budgets, hours per unit, and overhead budgets to support these functions.
- Close collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering organization to ensure process controls are in place to provide the highest levels of quality.
- Close collaboration with the Operations Project Management organization to ensure development of robust schedules and budgets that support customer requirements.
- Coordination with peers across the campus and across the sector to implement manufacturing best practices.
- Foster Continuous Improvement and Employee Safety Practices through 6s projects, safety walks, audits, flexible factory and equipment layout, Innovation Cards (i-cards) to drive a continuous improvement culture across Manufacturing.
- Foster High levels of Employee Engagement through seeking employee feedback, focused team projects, Group Lead and Manufacturing Supervisor team projects
To be successful, the director must demonstrate a highly engaging leadership style, have excellent teamwork and collaboration skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The organization includes approximately 300 employees including 20 managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related
- 10+ Years’ leadership experience to include experience leading a large organization
- Able to effectively manage time/responsibilities to ensure the highest levels of organizational performance
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, planning, and executing to requirements with a sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of earned value, proposal development, manufacturing metrics, and SAP
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance (US Citizenship a prerequisite)
- Master’s degree in engineering, business or related.
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification.
- Active Security Clearance
Valid through: 11/27/2020
$150K — $250K