Director, Fund Administration will be responsible for the shared oversight of the Sponsored Fund Platform, Mutual Fund Platform, centralized alternative asset processing team and vendor management for CIBC PWM strategic vendors. The role serves as the fund controller for our private funds, ensuring accurate and timely valuations to our clients. The director will resolve any issues, identify and design key controls. The candidate will be responsible for training of staff and assist the business with key initiatives or projects.
- Manage and improve upon the control environment within CIBC PWM Operations Team
- Responsible for the accounting and quarterly financial reporting to investors and internal parties
- Understand and analyze fund agreements in order to determine impact on financial reporting and partner capital accounting requirements
- Ensure compliance with the Fund’s Partnership agreement and GAAP requirements
- Review subscription agreements and redemption requests
- Prepare year-end audited financial statements, work papers and liaise with clients and external auditors
- Coordinate tax information for the preparation of income tax returns
- Ensure timely filings for the Sponsored Funds
- Oversee fund cash flow requirements, including coordination of capital calls and investor payments
- Assist the management team and other team members with special projects and presentations, as required
- Work closely with CIBC Atlantic Trust Legal and Compliance Teams on all matters concerning the Funds, such as client suitability, tax issues, FINRA/ERISA reporting
- Assist the preparation, compilation and verification of external reporting requirements including SEC, OCC and DOL regulatory reporting
- Address investor inquiries and correspondence
- Assist with hiring, training and leading a highly motivated and client focused team of analysts
- Subject matter expert on operational functions for the firm
- Provide oversight the Sponsored Funds key vendors
- Ensure proper controls for the processing of centralized alternative assets holdings for CIBC PWM clients
- Act as main liaison between Mutual Fund Distributor and the Firm
- Ensure the timely filing of all regulatory requirements for the Mutual Funds
- Lead annual 15(c) Questionnaire reporting to Mutual Fund Board for renewal of Advisory Agreement
- Compile and lead effort for any Mutual Fund Board reporting and requests
- Oversee periodic structed note offerings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of previous industry experience with a public accounting firm, fund administrator or another private equity/hedge fund
- Solid GAAP interpretation and Financial Reporting experience
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, flexible and a team player mentality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Computer literacy skills are required.
- Experience with Hedge Fund or Private Equity tax reporting.
- Expanded knowledge of investments, security analysis and industry related expertise.
- This position requires strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; exceptional analytical and organizational skills, an attention to detail and the ability to work in a team environment, with a positive and professional attitude.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to effectively multi-task.
- This role operates within a normal office environment with little exposure to adverse working conditions.