Job Description:The Role
Do you have a passion for leading the development of software using cutting edge frameworks? Then this may be the job for you. Fidelity Institutional Technology is looking for a Chapter Leader for the Fixed Income, FX & Syndicate domain where you will you blend your strong software development skills with a passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing associates. You are deeply committed to improving the value delivered to our customers. In an agile structure you will collaborate with other leaders to establish the standards for the teams, influence the strategic decisions, set work priorities, develop software solutions, and support the production environment based on your software development expertise and experience. You will directly manage and lead a team of software engineers who primarily work within autonomous agile teams but report directly to you. You are dedicated to helping them grow and develop in their knowledge and ensure alignment on the "how" of the work they perform. You are committed to developing your own expertise and knowledge to bring the latest thinking to your role to empower others with that knowledge.The Team
Fixed Income, FX and Syndicate team is committed to providing innovative solutions in the financial domain. As a Chapter Leader you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain the Fidelity customer-facing software solutions for the Fixed Income, FX and Syndicate Trading Platforms. You will work in partnership with other development and business leaders aligned to Fidelity Capital Markets as well as other Fidelity Institutional Domains. By demonstrating and promoting Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors, you sustain and evolve our innovative agile culture.The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Minimum of 15+ years of software engineering, development, and technical leadership experience.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineer field or equivalent experience.
- Proven successful experience in:
The Value You Deliver
- Leading Agile software development teams in the creation and enhancement of high-quality technology solutions with low cost of ownership.
- You are a committed people leader dedicated to servant leadership and capable of developing others within your knowledge area to accelerate and achieve increased skill proficiency.
- Champions standard methodologies for various aspects of engineering perfection like CICD, design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, test automation across technology stack.
- You understand and follow architectural guidelines and principles and ensure they are applied in all the work your teams deliver.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with which you build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships and relationships at all levels of the organization.
- You take a data-focused approach to decision making, in day-to-day leadership and strategic tradeoff analysis.
- Experience working on application design supporting large complex business domain. Proficiency in multiple enterprise technologies, design patterns, and techniques for the following technologies:
- Expertise in developing REST APIs in Java/J2EE/Spring using an Oracle database.
- Experience in deploying and managing fault-tolerant and scalable streaming infrastructures using Apache Kafka, Tibco and/or MQ.
- Experience in various relational and non-relational database technologies, like Oracle, Redis, Aerospike, Dynamo DB.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts and working experience with deploying and managing applications in the Cloud (AWS S3, EC2, and CloudFormation along with Lambdas/Python a plus).
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using tools like Concourse, GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, Veracode, and uDeploy.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in mainframe development is a plus (Cobol, CICS, JCL, VSAM and DB2).
- Knowledge of financial services, especially trading of Fixed Income securities is a plus.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
- Ensuring team's talent composition aligns with strategic business priorities including workforce planning vital to provide increased value and results for clients and the business.
- Deliver key technology solutions for Fidelity Capital market and Fidelity Institutional domains.
- Maintenance, support and development of Fixed Income, FX and Syndicate trading platforms.
- Influence strategic backlog and prioritization decisions delivering the highest customer value.
- Set and apply standards and ensure the work performed is following the enterprise standard.
- Remove impediments to delivering value and provide technology alternatives to business problems clearly explaining the advantages, problems, and side effects of alternatives.
- Actively sharing insights, knowledge, industry practices and developments across the organization.
- Create well informed technology modernization strategy for the Fixed Income, FX and Syndicate applications and manage the migration process.
N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "Dynamic Working". Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations [redacted], or by calling [redacted], prompt 2, option 3.At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry
. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.