Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The eCommerce Fulfillment Department has an opening for a Director, Fulfillment Optimization. This position is located in Pleasanton, California and may require travel within US as needed to meet business needs.Position Purpose
Albertsons seeks to offer customers an easy, exciting, and friendly ecommerce shopping experience, through the invention of personalized and localized digital experiences for our 34 million plus weekly customers.
The Director, Fulfillment Optimization will be responsible for leading strategic change and transformation activities across e-Commerce fulfillment for all Albertsons banners. The position manages the project life cycle for new fulfillment initiatives from idea generation through final execution and all resources and capital expenditures required to ensure a successful delivery, within scope and within budgetary constraints. The role will drive large-scale e-commerce program initiatives expanding Albertsons' suite of fulfillment models, will drive fulfillment software upgrades/new implementations, and will oversee the launch and scaling of our fulfillment network. These mission-critical projects all have a significant impact on our ecommerce operating model, the customer experience and the desired growth of the business. There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of eCommerce fulfillment. If you are up to the challenge, we would love to talk to you!Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategic transformation of the e-commerce fulfillment initiatives through project management from project inception, through execution and post-mortem. Projects range from rolling out new fulfillment processes, new e-commerce user experience initiatives, new store implementations, to new software deployment.
- Demonstrate project management experience including developing and maintaining project plans, consulting with the business and end users, and documenting steps required to execute or modify program.
- Partner with Finance to conduct cost-benefit analysis and define operating models for new fulfillment sites and methods, as well as continuous improvement initiatives, to assist the Fulfillment organization's build (internal development) versus buy (third party capabilities) decisions and expansion of our fulfillment footprint.
- Be a champion of lean continuous improvement, driving the Operations and Fulfillment teams to new levels of productivity and customer experience through root-cause analysis and eliminating waste in the fulfillment process.
- Manage a team of direct and indirect resources that lead or are influential in the successful deployment of a project or program (which may include indirect IT and business resources) through the entire Project Life Cycle. This individual ensures the resources are well-prepared to manage projects, identify overlapping dependencies and overlapping demands. Issues are raised and sorted out in a pro-active manner to avoid conflicting agendas, conflicting resource and conflicting capital constraints.
- Lead an implementation team which goes into the field and implements best practices, implements new software, up-trains resources during new site launches or new initiatives for existing fulfillment operations.
- Build, mentor, develop, and motivate direct reports. Once staff is in place, put together long-term succession plans to create career development and growth opportunities for individual contributors.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred (Engineering, Supply Chain, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research), but will consider other disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- MBA and PMP Certification recommended
- 8+ years of professional experience in operations, preferably with exposure to Lean/Six Sigma
- 2+ years' experience working in fulfillment innovation (design, launch, optimization)
- Previous experience collaborating with IT/Product/Construction/Finance on project prioritization and design execution
- Previous experience in an e-commerce retail or grocery industry role preferred.
- Expertise and proficiency in advanced MS Excel required.
- SQL, VBA, PowerBI (or other visualization applications) experience a plus.
- Proven successful experience in working in an agile environment
- Strong leadership experience, ideally involving hourly employees
- High degree of maturity and professionalism is required due to the level of leadership this person will be exposed to
- Ability to influence cross-functionally, motivate direct reports and is maniacal about organization and detail
- Ability to think big-picture, pro-active identification of conflicting dependencies or obstacles and resourceful/creative enough to navigate the project around these potential pitfalls
- Proficient at quickly synthesizing information, new ideas, process and/or policy changes, understands root cause and business impacts
- Experience utilizing a variety of Project Management tools/software (i.e.... MS Project, Gantt Charts) to track progress against key milestones and identify level of risk to plan
- Ability to understand the internal systems architecture, inter-dependencies between applications and how each system influences operational execution
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER