Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company is seeking a Director of Front End Innovation to be based in our Fremont, CA location. This is a senior role and is aligned to our growth of Innovation services and our increased presence on the West Coast. Front End Innovation is a multi-faceted group responsible for sales pipeline management and growth, increasing market awareness, developing deep market insight and leading our early stage development activities in new technology R&D, including novel drug delivery devices and Connected Health. These early stage activities include developing customer strategy, developing device concepts and carrying out detailed feasibility studies. This role will report into the Global Head of Front End Innovation, working closely with the Global Sales organization, and our main development centers in Hudson, Wisconsin and Struer, Denmark.
- · Develop a robust pipeline of sales opportunities for our Global Innovation and Development (GID) organization, from initial contact through to contract sign-off, focused on the US West Coast
- · Act as the driving force behind key sales opportunities for GID, focusing on early stage projects that will lead to large development programs and extended manufacturing and service contracts
- · Lead the delivery of early stage projects in drug delivery and/or Connected Health, from Strategy through to Concept and Feasibility
- · Successfully sell large scale development projects, based on successful delivery of early stage projects, handing over these projects to the appropriate development teams
- · Support Global Marketing in conferences, articles and campaigns, developing thought leadership in industry trending topics and building the Phillips-Medisize brand position
- · Travel to other facilities, including international sites, will be required to support business needs
- · Responsible for coordinating proposals for Medical and Pharma programs that require assurance and compliance to ISO, FDA, GMP, IQMS compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences or Computer Science
- Minimum ten (10) years professional experience, with significant background in the Biopharma industry
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device regulations
- Experience in Sales & Marketing, with Business Management and/or Business Development preferred
- Contract management and negotiation experience a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in selling and marketing of large projects.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write compelling, well-structured documents, proposals and presentations.
- Deep knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry in relation to drug delivery devices and/or connected health / integrated care.