USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication toinnovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our RiskManagement organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Directs staff and initiatives that support risk management programs, to include governance support, risk oversight, risk infrastructure development, identification, quantification, and aggregation of key and emerging risks and/or operational risks and controls.
- Advises senior management and influences process change.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of risk professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities.
- Manages consulting relationships with internal and external clients regarding budget and implementation deliverables and risk mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business and oversees the identification, assessment and documentation of risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and/or third-party operations.
- Directs the formulation of stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise, evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Directs the oversight of model risk through model documentation review, assessment of performance monitoring, model validation, and use implementation
- Works with senior leadership to refine risk profiles, risk appetite, and key risk metrics.
- Directs teams in the development of risk dashboards and reporting formats in alignment with risk appetite/profile and leads teams in the identification, quantification and aggregation of risks using analytical methodologies.
- Reviews, communicates and recommends the development of risk policies and procedures in partnership with senior leaders to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Provides counsel to business unit managers on risk management issues and supports the evaluation of new product strategies on their impact to USAA's risk profile.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and oversight of risk management frameworks.
- Formulates risk management policies, procedures and standards in conjunction with senior management and risk management committees.
- Educates risk owners on risk management best practices and may work with other risk functions in the development and implementation of risk controls.
- Manages processes for collecting accurate and complete internal loss data from business areas.
- May direct analysis and data mining initiatives that identify, validate, and manage emerging risk exposures.
- Assists in the early identification of risk trends by establishing and monitoring key performance and risk indicators.
- Oversees the preparation of key reports and communications and may present to governance committees, senior leaders, regulatory bodies and the USAA Board of Directors.
- Performs all other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 or more years risk management experience or 8 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, public accounting or related area;
OR advanced degree/designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 6 years relevant risk management work experience;
OR a PhD in a quantitative discipline and 4 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
- 3 or more years direct team lead or management experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Preferred certifications include CFE, FAIR / Open FAIR and/or AIE.
- Familiarity with fraud detection software solutions.
- Experience with anti-fraud data analytics testing techniques for detecting and investigating corruption, asset misappropriation, and financial statement fraud.
- Federal, state / municipal, or military law enforcement experience specific to financial services fraud forensics.
- Strong understanding of industry laws and regulations in reference to Financial Crimes (i.e., federal, state preemption laws, etc.).
- Extensive experience providing implementing risk oversight programs for Enterprise Fraud Management that includes performing and/or establishing risk assessments, issue management, RCSA's, control reviews, testing, KRI's, operational loss and risk appetite.
- Experience with providing oversight for a shared services operating unit that provides services to the Enterprise.
- Knowledgeable of law/rule/regulatory requirements that may impact Corporate Strategy and functions.
- Regulatory risk management experience which includes development and execution of action plans, remediation, sustainability, and interactions with regulators.
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and teammates and influence change