O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 238 days ago
• Mastercard Enterprise Security Solutions (ESS) develops and delivers world-class risk, security products and services for Mastercard customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the Fraud Intelligence & Strategy Team (FIS) is responsible for:
- The fraud reporting platform
- Providing Fraud analytics and insights to Mastercard and its worldwide customers
- Maintenance and development of existing and new fraud prevention and monitoring data driven products/services
• Analyze fraud and other transactional data sources to measure fraud and to identify its key drivers. Provide data driven fraud insights to internal and external partners.
• Discover possible future uses of Mastercard data to enhance fraud analytics and reduce fraud
• Develop analytical dashboards and data products that help internal and external users better understand fraud, compare themselves to peers and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Translate conceptual ideas into tactical experiments and test plans for rapid prototyping
• Build analytical pipelines to help Mastercard identify sources of payment card risk (i.e., at-risk merchants, at-risk cards).
• Mentor other team members to expose them to new concepts and facilitate cross-training within the team
All About You
• Proven experience analyzing large amounts of data to identify trends and gain insights from it.
Experience with statistical analyses tools (e.g., Python, R, SAS)
Record of accomplishment in learning and applying new techniques and data analysis languages.
Experience with Python and Spark for data manipulation desired.
• Demonstrated expertise at developing analytical dashboards using QlikSense, Tableau, and similar products. Able to turn data into insights.
Designing the most effective charts/views to present information for clarity and proper understanding.
Experience preparing presentations for management/clients that present insights clearly and efficiently.
• Experience working with big-data database platforms to manipulate and extract information for analysis (e.g., Hadoop, Netezza, Oracle).
Experience writing complex queries to efficiently extract and manipulate large amounts of data.
Ability to efficiently manipulate large amounts of data to conduct analysis.
Experience using Hadoop clusters desired.
• Comfortable working with multiple languages and operative systems.
Familiarity and experience with UNIX highly desired.
• Subject matter expertise in payments, cards, and /or fraud or proven ability to learn and master new subject matter areas.
• Creativity and Innovation
Ability to think outside the box and constantly strive for more accurate and efficient ways to perform tasks.
Experience developing new products/services.
Ability to combine knowledge across multiple disciplines to solve problems.
• Strong organizational skills and motivation
Proven ability to develop and execute work plans and work independently towards aggressive goals and milestones.
Ability to multi-task and make progress towards multiple tasks in parallel.
• Strong communication and collaboration
Ability to clearly articulate results of analyses, in writing and verbally, and to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
Excellent inter-personal skills, able to work with colleagues remotely as well as in –person.
• Degree in quantitative discipline preferred (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Decision Science or Engineering).
• Strong Interest and course-work (or demonstrated track record) in data analysis and/or visualization.
*Qualified candidates for this role may be Purchase, NY, O'Fallon, MO or even remote based.