The Director of FP&A for Secure Destruction is responsible for leading the financial management process for the Secure Destruction business through various activities including budgeting, modeling, forecasting and reporting to enable decision making by senior management. As a business partner, this individual will help drive efficiency improvements throughout the organization. This role supports forward looking business decisions by tracking trends and metrics, and delivering insights on financial and business performance and actionable insights to executive team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with SVP & RGM and members of the Secure Destruction leadership team to drive profitable growth and continuous improvement
- Deliver analytical insight and ensure key business performance risk, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of actual vs. budget results. Work with business managers to analyze variances and identify trends
- Manage the annual Secure Destruction Multi-Year Planning (MYP) and budget processes including timely rollup and presentation of the overall business plans
- Support M&A process by identifying and assessing potential acquisitions and supporting deals post close
- Create, maintain and publish Weekly Scorecards, including P&L Flash Report
- Prepare monthly consolidated forecasts and long term strategic plans
- Provide strategic financial and operational analysis to help senior management make informed decisions regarding direction of business
- Develop, implement and report key financial metrics throughout the organization
- Support NA RIM's mission of providing high-quality analytic support and challenging the way that the business thinks about financial performance and measurement.
- Lead cross-functional / cross-divisional projects and programs
- Hire, train, manage and develop staff of 1-3 employees
- Experience in a Hyperion or comparable reporting environment
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA a strong plus
- 10+ years of progressive financial experience focused on providing budget, forecast and business analysis support within a large sophisticated corporation; ideally gained thorough performing a mix of Corporate, Business Unit and Operational Finance roles and working in a matrixed environment
- Advanced proficiency in Hyperion Performance Management Applications or equivalent, MS Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills strongly preferred.
- Key competencies include: attention to detail, initiative, communication, analytical skills, relationship management, consultation, critical evaluation, leadership and navigation, ethical practice.
- Strong analytical skills needed to synthesize large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers, and distill them into insightful analysis for senior management.
- Ability to build partnerships, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style and become a sought-out financial business partner.
- Passion for driving and delivering results acting as a financial agitator to provide valuable performance analysis and reporting on a timely basis to help facilitate decision making
- Ability to deep-dive into financial data, reconcile variances and develop qualitative explanations to concisely summarize the results of financial analysis.
- Act as an advocate and role model for understanding cost drivers and cost control.
- Creative thinker who promotes communication, fosters teamwork across the organization, and achieves consensus; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner and problem solver who can deliver innovative ideas and approaches when faced with new issues or challenges.
- Strict attention to detail and intensity around consistently delivering high quality outputs in a multi-tasking environment.
- High degree of business acumen and ability to interface with executive management.
- Strong people manager with ability to manage teams and to develop talent
- Minimal travel required – 10-15%
Every Iron Mountain employee has an obligation to promptly report issues and violations.