The Director, FP&A will be an important role at Sakara, helping the CFO, Sakara’s leadership and Board gain financial visibility and insights on the business. You will own Sakara’s financial processes, including our Annual Planning process and quarter forecasts, anad help architect the information flow and methodologies we need for dynamic business partnership. FP&A sets the parameters and forecast processes for the entire Sakara team, partners closely with our CFO and Leadership team to tell our story through numbers, and partners with other key operational teams on the moving pieces that impact our financial outlook (tax, accounting, treasury, facilities). We’re seeking a seasoned FP&A leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership skills, and someone who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Support the CFO in the overall Financial Management of key financial processes, including but not limited to forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others.
- Support the monthly performance reporting activities including timely and insightful commentary on performance compared to the prior year and to estimates.
- Evaluate current systems and processes and recommend appropriate value-added changes to enhance the monthly forecast process and enhance the reporting system utilization.
- Oversee daily, weekly, monthly accounting and bookkeeping processes and ensure that our financial reporting is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage Sakara’s working capital needs and work with vendors to optimize our cash conversion cycle.
- Optimize the corporation’s overhead spend (Selling, General, & Administrative) through strategic and analytical evaluation of current spend, identification of improvements and efficiencies and execution of activities to improve return on investment.
- Ensure full internal control measures are in place and complies guidelines of internal and external audits, debt and shareholder agreements.
- Manage banking relationships.
- Oversee risk management and insurance programs.
- Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support Sakara’s growth.
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- MBA/CPA Preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in finance/accounting, preferably in a Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) environment
- Experience working in a startup environment strongly preferred
- Significant experience with Quickbooks Online is strongly preferred
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated to solve problems
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and ambiguously
- Growth mindset, with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
- Passionate about Sakara’s mission and have a client-first approach
- Ability to be objective and possesses the upmost integrity