- Organize monthly review package for Segment CFO including key financial metrics and performance indicators.
- Analyze operations to identify trends in the business; recommend and implement specific corrective actions when warranted.
- Provide guidance and assistance to other functional groups as needed.
- Lead development of 3-year Strategic Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Quarterly Review templates for the Dover Engineered Systems segment.
- Lead monthly forecast process, providing updates to the Dover Engineered Systems segment team.
- Manage and/or assist with special projects on group wide initiatives, process simplification and Operating Company specific projects as requested.
- Provide coaching and technical support to global financial staffs on financial analysis and reporting.
- Support all acquisition activity, including valuation, due diligence, and post-merger integration.
- Support information requests from Dover operating companies and communicate monthly operating results, forecasts, plans, and strategic initiatives to Dover Segment as needed.
- Prepare quarterly segment Board of Directors presentations, outlining key business initiatives and financial performance for the Dover Engineered Systems segment
Be a trusted, strategic business partner who adds value for our customers by providing accurate, timely, and pertinent financial guidance. Provide forward looking financial leadership, analysis, and reporting to the Segment CFO and senior leadership team of Dover. Develop and implement robust procedures that create accurate, timely, and relevant financial statements, measurements, forecasts, plans, and business analysis. Manage communications with and between Dover segment office, operating companies and executive management. Coordinate the submission of month end financials and supplemental information from all global operations. Focus on continuous improvement and clear communication skills. Coach the global financial staffs on financial analysis and reporting issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to develop outstanding business relationships and provide functional leadership even though all players do not report directly to this position.
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic, detail oriented and well organized.
- Team player and results oriented.
- Ability to work across cultures and functions seamlessly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Requires 10 years of experience, preferably within industrial products industry or public accounting firm
- Advanced Excel skills and working knowledge of Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experienced in large ERP and with consolidation software/tools.