As a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, his/her primary responsibilities will be:
- to serve as Finance Business Partner to the R&D group managing periodic closing, forecast process and providing analytical support to enable the R&D team to deliver on Corporate objectives;
- to organize and supervise all the forecasting activities including global quarterly rolling forecast and 3Y IP working in close collaboration with BP&A and HR teams.
Manage R&D and Tech Ops FP&A team
The individual will also be responsible for serving as the main FP&A Lead on a key strategic team comprised of Senior Leadership.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Drive month-end close activities for the R&D team through reviewing expense accruals /prepays /contractual obligations by working in close collaboration with the Accounting team and BP&A.
- Partner with R&D department budget owners to provide operational analysis, reporting and improve forecasting accuracy, identify variations actual versus forecast and provide recommendations.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to enable R&D organization to take business decisions. Serve as a FP&A Business Partner for Expertise Areas / Departments including research, clinical, development, regulatory, manufacturing, etc.
- Organize and drive all the activities required for the global planning processes including quarterly rolling forecast and 3Y IP working across the different functions and geographies. The responsibility includes the collection of all the key elements to build business assumptions, organize meetings, follow up on action items, consolidate information and prepare analysis on KPIs and trends to monitor and advice the business.
- Support the planning process for new market expansion (i.e. Latin America)
- Continue assessing process and tools to seek further improvements and efficiencies.
- Manage R&D and Tech Ops FP&A team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Admin. or Science w/ MBA. (MBA or CPA a plus)
- >10 years experience in finance roles from Corporate Accounting to Finance & Business Planning in a global commercial Pharma organization.
- Strong executive presence and business insight with the ability to work directly with senior business leaders.
- Growth mindset, driving personality, ability to influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Strong planning and analytical skills, including superior financial modeling, Excel, and financial database systems skills/knowledge (SAP, Adaptive Planning, Hyperion Planning, or similar tools).