Fund SourceState SupportBrief Summary of Job Duties
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success, the inaugural director will provide strategic leadership and operational management for the new One-Stop Student Services Center at Morgan State University. The One-Stop Student Services Center is a centralized office staffed by cross-trained professionals who serve as a single point of contact for issues related to Undergraduate Admissions; Financial Aid; Residence Life and Housing; Registrar’s Office (Registration, Transfer Evaluation and Articulation, Veteran Services); and Bursar/Student Accounts.
Please note that the One-Stop Student Services Center is a new concept at Morgan State University. The inaugural director will assist in the design and implementation of the One-Stop Student Services Center.
1) Plan, implement, and assess strategies necessary to provide effective and exceptional student services in collaboration with key campus partners.
2) Design and implement cross-functional training, resources, and processes to build a strong, innovative student services team, in part by providing ongoing staff development and performance management for the One-Stop team.
3) Contribute to the design and selection of, and oversee the implementation and adoption
of, technology tools that mediate and improve students’ interactions with the Center,
that provide students timely, accurate, and easy-to-find information, and that offer
the capability to complete transactions. The Director will stay attuned to new
technologies and approaches that enable high-quality service experiences across
4) Manage operation of the center, including center staff and relationships with internal and external service partners.
5) Assess and report on the effectiveness of the one-stop student services center to support student success and ensure continuous improvements for the Center and its staff.
6) Oversee effective, timely, and responsive communication and outreach efforts related to the center, including branding, website, social media and other publications and artifacts
Requested Minimum Qualifications
A Master’s Degree in Business, Higher Education or a related field from an accredited college or university with at least five (5) years experience in post-secondary enrollment services, financial aid and/or student accounts.
Other Preferences for Consideration
The candidate must possess strong decision-making skills, proven strategic planning, assessment/analysis, and organizational skills, experienceworking with multiple departments in a collaborative manner, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exceptional customer service skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous management experience in an integrated student services department/one-stop student services center.