The Director of Distributor Relationship Management is a key leader for strategic Foodservice Chain Distributor HQ ownerships and operating companies across North America. This role is instrumental in delivering on our vision to be the most valued, indispensable business partner and supplier of our Distributors..
What You’ll Do for Us
- Lead annual business planning for portfolio of distributors that delivers against Coca-Cola strategic priorities while delivering mutual benefit to North America Operating Unit (NAOU) as well as distributors.
- Build relationships with distributor senior executives (C-Suite, Presidents, SVP, VP Procurement, VP Operations) and gain alignment to collaboratively develop annual business plans for growing brand and package portfolio while driving operational efficiencies.
- Lead development/enhancement of capabilities and implement training solutions across our Foodservice Distributor Network of Sales Representatives to drive profitable category growth with efficiency and accelerated speed to market.
- Keep abreast of competitive activities within the responsible geography and share insights appropriately across distribution team and distributor portfolio as appropriate
- Enable the expansion of Coca-Cola brand innovation developing programs and initiatives for distributor to increase availability in the marketplace while capturing incremental revenue and profit.
- Advance, optimize, and innovate new and existing capabilities to support alternative routes to market for our foodservice partners and consumers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional representation to ensure that NAOU delivers the full depth and breadth of resources required to deliver mutual benefits/results against annual business plan.
- Lead stewardship routines across distributor portfolio to manage and measure partnership activities against mutually agreed to plan initiatives/opportunities and execution of incentives.
- Develop local market partnerships with distributors and NAOU Bottlers to ensure leveraging scale of Foodservice community for growing On-premise market availability.
- Monitor and inspire cross-functional teams to drive improvement for higher level of differentiated service through efficient operational programs and service levels.
- Manage and administer compliance of distributor agreement policies and guidelines for mutually managing the growth of our product portfolios across our collective operations.
- Balance the collective relationships between Coca-Cola, our Distributors and that of our mutual customers to ensure our consumers have the highest level of product availability at their favorite foodservice restaurant.
- Provide direct reports inspirational leadership to support their developmental growth and ownership for delivering annual goals focused on the work that matters most for executing our business strategy for our National Foodservice and On-Premise organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- 12+ years of related work experience
- Relationship management (suppliers, contractors, bottlers) knowledge of third party supplier/contractor culture/core competencies.
- Annual Business planning and management: Ability to prepare, implement, influence and execute collaborative annual business plans.
- Supplier performance management: Knowledge of supplier capabilities and performance to enhance and manage relationships (specifically foodservice distributor suppliers).
- Project Management: Ability to lead, prioritize, collaborate and execute complex projects.
- Negotiating: Seek alternatives and recommend best solutions that gain all parties support and lead to win-win results.
- Managing contracts and agreements: Ability to evaluate, write and interpret contractual agreements to ensure alignment and compliance with applicable legal relationship requirements.
- Advanced selling & negotiation skills
- Strategic Planning skills
- Financial acumen (understanding of P&L)
- Creating customer and company value through distributor capabilities