Responsible for developing food safety objectives and standards for Jimmy John's restaurants.
Advises, counsels, and oversees matters of food safety crisis response. Leads a high performing team
that is responisble for food safety program development, support and oversight.
- Monitor restaurant contact hotline and Guest complaint information for food safety related incidents that need further investigation
- Conduct epidemiological assessment of foodborne illness claims. Contact Guests that share food safety related experiences to help improve their experience and gather vital information to conduct further food safety investigation
- Assist in the management of third-party food safety audit program by managing disputes, assisting with reporting, and participating in bi-weekly calls.
- Manage pest control program and third party provider for corporate stores.
- Monitor third party food safety audit and health department inspection results for appropriate execution of Jimmy John's standards and identify restaurants that need additional food safety education
- Follow-up with restaurant field leadership to improve food safety execution, educate on food safety process and improve guest experience. Create quarterly food safety topics and as needed food safety education weekly updates
- Assist in updating and managing existing Food Safety and QA standard processes and communicate food safety trends to appropriate levels of leadership
- Assist in maintaining reporting for food safety metrics
- Responsible for maintaining a positive food safety culture with a focus on brand protection, collaboration and education
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 4 year degree in Environmental Health, Food Science, Biology or related field
- Food Industry experience. Work experience in food safety, HACCP and strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations for restaurants is required
- Understanding of restaurant operations and procedures required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of food safety regulations, best practices, HACCP and pre-requisite programs
- Ability to convey a Guest focused, brand protection mindset
- Skill in time management and organization with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make clear, concise and convincing food safety recommendations
- Basic ability to make appropriate business judgment and recommendations independent of supervisor
- Ability to travel periodically
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Power BI, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote Freedom to Act
- Basic ability to work through problems without supervisor input Size and Complexity
- Ability to work in fast paced environment Interaction
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization and ability to work with diverse work groups
- Ability to contribute to teams and/or committees External Relationships
- Ability to connect with Guests, convey empathy to their experience and represent the Jimmy John's brand