We are looking for a Director - Financial Transactions and Policy based at Howmet’s Corporate Center in Pittsburgh, PA on the North Shore.
The position will report to the Assistant Controller. The Financial Accounting (FA) department is responsible for addressing complex accounting issues and developing accounting policy for Howmet worldwide. In addition, FA represents Howmet’s financial and accounting interests associated with the structure, terms, pricing and legal commitments for acquisitions and divestitures. This position is a highly versatile and challenging position that combines the elements of corporate accounting, financial reporting, accounting policies, and special projects.
The position is responsible for leading the Financial Transactions and Policy group within FA. This group is accountable for complex accounting, reporting, analysis and audit activities to insure the accurate and timely reporting of financial results for internal and external purposes. The candidate would be required to analyze and evaluate accounting policies and transactions; analyze, report and test financial data; and participate in the preparation of financial and management reports for use by senior level management. The candidate would also be required to add interpretive value and context through consulting with the Business Unit and Resource Unit management.
Major activities/Key Challenges:
- Leading the development and implementation procedures for new accounting pronouncements and developing global accounting and reporting standards.
- Resolving complex accounting issues and financial transactions identified/proposed by Resource Unit, Business Segments and operating location personnel.
- Communicating with external auditors.
- Assisting Business Segments and Resource Unit personnel in evaluating potential acquisition and divestiture targets. This will include performing the financial due diligence and providing guidance in developing assumptions, values and forecasts used in business valuations and representing Howmet’s financial and accounting interests by providing input on deal structures, terms, and legal commitments as well as the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Managing on-going relationships with personnel in Business Segments and in various Resource Units (e.g., Treasury, Legal, Tax, etc.).
- Analyzing monthly financial results of Howmet and summarizing findings for review by executive management.
- Providing oversight and coordinating the Company’s accounting policy manual and standard revisions.
- Assisting with preparation and review of SEC financial filings and quarterly earnings materials.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution.
- Professional certification: CPA
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in Big 4 Public Accounting
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC reporting policies, as well as introductory knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of due diligence objectives and procedures; experience working on acquisitions and divestitures; knowledge of purchase accounting rules and implementation issues