The Director of Financial Reporting will be responsible for the preparation and distribution of all periodic financial statements for internal and external use, while ensuring that the reports, filings and documentation complies with the Company's accounting policies, external regulations, and the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and US GAAPreporting requirements. This role is also responsible for the Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) planning, testing, reporting, and maintenance of controls over financialreporting.
- Prepare and file SEC documents, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and other filings, as needed.
- Manage XBRL taxonomy selections, tagging of financial statements, and filings.
- Manage SOX annual planning process, quarterly testing, and quarterly certification requirements on internal controls over financialreporting.
- Manage preparation, review, and distribution of income statement and balance sheet analytics to key members of the Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Partner with investor relations in the preparation and validation of earnings releases and board of director packages.
- Provide quality control for all SEC and external facing financial information.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of interim and year-end audit work, including preparation of audit workpapers as required.
- Consult with both internal and external legal counsel on preparation of the Company’s SEC documents.
- Manage the Company’s annual enterprise risk assessment.
- Coordinate, develop, and update Company accounting policies and procedures over financialreporting.
- Act as Company’s technical accounting resource while researching and resolving accounting issues, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Evaluate internal reporting and make recommendations regarding improvements in the timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of the Company’s existing reporting procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and train Financial Reporting team.
- Organizational Agility
- Developing People
- Peer Relationships
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Driven
- Learning Agility
- Technical Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALSKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelordegree in Accounting is required.
- Seven to eight years accounting experience (Big Four external auditexperience strongly preferred) with at least four years in a managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Experienced with Workiva or other SEC preparation and filing application is preferred.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Supervise a group of two Sr. Financial Analysts