Oversees coordination and supervision of the varying subgroups of Financial Reporting Department (Close /Reporting). Dedicated restructuring, as needed, responsibilities with assisting on builds for new financialreporting initiatives and hardware/software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the AVP in the supervision and administration of the Financial Reporting Department. This position will be involved in finance matters impacting the shared service center, will oversee and be involved in completing corporate reporting, monthly close process and assist in shared service center budget/planning.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares for year-end audits by public accounting firm, inclusive of reviewing actuary reports, third party payor calculations, review of AR realization process and the performance of documentation on significant business transactions or other significant estimates / routine transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining the books and records, and preparing financial statements of the systems hospitals, continuing care entities, nursing homes and the system consolidation in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Assist as needed in the financialreporting of other entities of Catholic Health Services of Long Island.
- Performance of monthly financial ratio metrics
- Compilation of 990s (Approx 28)
- Plans, supervises and trains the General Accounting staff.
- Reviews workpapers prepared by senior and staff accountants for accuracy and appropriateness in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested.
- Assess each area of financialreporting semi-annually to determine if process flow is operating efficiently C while providing recommendations and strategic plan of realignmen
- Assist in the enhancement of the forecasting system to integrate and assist Facility VPs in properly managing/creating rolling 3 year forecast collaborating with Director of Budget.
- Work with AVP and VP of Finance in assessing and coordinating of new agreements, auditactuarialreporting and other significant transaction items.
- Contributes to and consistently applies CHS Services policies, procedures and benefits to all customers and/or employees by effectively working with all customers and CHS personnel without discrimination.
- Implements the established financial policies.
- Plans, develops and coordinates the general and subsidiary ledger computer system operations, maintenance and controls.
- Designs and maintains an up-to-date Procedure Manual so that the staff can be properly guided.
- Responsible for maintaining the books and records of the multiple entities of Catholic Health Services in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting required.
- Master's degree in business administration preferred.
- Certification by State Board of Certified Public Accountants desirable.
- Two to three years of directly related experience in the health care field or in the public accounting field performing audits for health care clients desirable.
- Personal Computer and Microsoft Excel knowledge mandatory.
- Usually requires five to seven years of accounting experience, of which two to three years should be in a managerial position.
- Position will require overtime for certain periods of the year
- Required to sit for long periods of time interspersed with standing, walking and bending.
- Excellent verbal and auditory skills are required for communicating with internal staff and
- outside applicants/clients.