Director Financial Reporting
Our client, a major publicly held corporation is seeking their Director of Financial Reporting to join their team in Southern CT.
Description: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
- Lead coordinator for the preparation of the Company?s 10-Q, 10-K, and annual report, including financial and non-financial sections. Draft disclosures within financial statement footnotes and MD&A. Ensure all disclosures are reviewed by management and review comments are incorporated into SEC filings.
- Coordinate responses to SEC comment letters.
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly closing process, including account analysis, financial statement preparation, and documentation review.
- Coordinate the preparation of and review quarterly management financial packages.
- Assist in researching the impact of and implementing new accounting pronouncements and regulations.
- Participate in cross-functional projects in order to provide accounting and reporting guidance and assess the impact of initiatives on the Company?s financial statements.
- Manage and review staff work and ensure that proper controls are maintained within the accounting and reporting function. Continually evaluate whether accounting processes are within a best practice framework.
- Provide general ledgersupport by analyzing various accounts, identifying and correcting account discrepancies, and responding to various inquiries. Provide general ledger and financialreporting systems support.
- Perform special projects aimed at streamlining and automating the various processes within the finance area.
Difficulty of Work:Responsibilities are detailed and require exceptional organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy. This function entails the analysis of large amounts of data and requires the ability to make decisions, solve problems, and present to individuals at various levels.
Experience:7-9years of public or private accounting experience. CPA is a must an MBA is a plus.
Technical Skills: This position requires strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of SEC reporting requirements. The candidate must be able to research and apply technical accounting and regulatory pronouncements to company?s business. Financial services and insurance experience is a plus.
Interpersonal Skills: This position requires the ability to work effectively with all levels of the firm?s management and employees. It requires team participation as both a leader and a contributor.
Communication Skills: Candidates must have strong verbal communication skills for relaying information to the accounting department, as well as to individuals throughout the Company. Strong writing skills are essential for variance analysis, internal documentation, senior management presentations and financialreporting disclosures. Responsibilities are detailed and require exceptional organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy. This function entails the analysis of large amounts of data and requires the ability to make decisions, solve problems, and present to individuals at various levels.