At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Director, North America Financial Reporting, in Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Director - North America Financial Reporting will oversee the internal & external reporting for AstraZeneca US, AstraZeneca Canada, and MedImmune (the biologics unit of AstraZeneca) while coordinating activities with the AZ Global Group Reporting Team. This position is responsible for supporting thefinancial statement consolidation of AZ North America’s legal entities and reporting financial results to the Group Reporting team. The role will also perform duties that help ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
The position reports to the Head of North America Finance Services & Controller and will include extensive interaction with several business functions across the business, specifically in the areas of R&D, Commercial Marketing, Enabling Units and Global Manufacturing Operations.
- Help manage the month, quarterly and annual close processes.
- Research technical accounting and reporting issues to ensure compliance with IFRS, US GAAP & AstraZeneca Group Finance policies and procedures.
- Management review of month end reporting in GCS including validation checks, manual inputs, reconciliations and commentaries of Non-Pharms units and Headcount reporting
- Provide Business Development support related to Accounting Treatment
- Pension & Tax Rollforward Forecasting
- US GAAP net income forecasting by legal entity for the Global tax team.
- Management review of US & Canadian government reporting
- Audit Liaising (PwC, other external/internal auditors), resolving audit issues & researching accounting items
- Preparation of annual US GAAPaudited, IAS unaudited financials & Puerto Rico audited financial statements
- Preparation of IFRS Canada (AZC) and Non-Pharms (Zeneca Holdings, Zeneca Inc.) financial statements
- Environmental Liabilities - Preparation of management packages, forecasting and Quarterly Board Packages
- Management review of journal entries & account reconciliations
- Legal entity reporting - Calculation of cross partnership charges actuals and preparation of forecasts for local tax team, calculation of SOX / FCF activities - Process and control owner, support of internal testing and external audit
Manage a team of employees in multiple locations across North America (Wilmington, DE, Gaithersburg, MD, Mississauga, Ontario, New Delhi India & Costa Rica
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance related major is required.
At least ten years or more of increasing accounting, finance and operational experience.
- Ideal candidate should also have strong knowledge on SAP R/3 FI-CO modules, SAP Business Intelligence, and Hyperion Planning or other similar OLAP planning tool.
- Solid management skills with experience leading teams of professionals remotely.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills that allows an individual to build constructive and effective relationships and is able to influence a matrix organization to deliver needed results
- Adaptable style that is comfortable within a high energy, action oriented culture
- Natural ability to work collaboratively and a communication style that is direct and transparent.