Imagine doing that all the time. It?s exciting, right?
As a company, we believe broadening the application of the tools of financial analysis and reporting to every aspect of business operations?extending the reach of finance from compliance fulfillment reporting and incrementalist budgeting activity to critical analysis of business issues?is one of the great unleveraged business opportunities of our time.
8020 Consulting applies the intellectual capital, technical expertise and energy of our team to address a range of financial projects for clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to middle market and venture backed firms.
Our Team deploys focus, objectivity and superior academic and professional credentials backed by a business model that encourages and rewards individual initiative and creativity with a mandate to leave Clients provably better at the end of each engagement.
As a full time member of our team, you will contribute directly in helping the company reach its mission and vision by utilizing your full range of skills both for the benefit of our clients and our firm?s operations.
Your Specific projects will be complimentary to your individual skills, background and potential and will all be local. NO TRAVEL REQUIRED.
As a firm, the work we do spans the entire range of analytical and reporting projects that encompass the office of the CFO.
The following are examples of projects recently completed or now underway:
* Conceptualized, built, implemented, and enhanced financial statement presentation for senior management to provide high level snapshots of enterprise level revenue, division costs and operating profit for private equity backed B2C SaaS company.
* Project managed Oracle Fusion (Cloud) implementation, including system configuration, chart of accounts re-design, business unit segmentation, data mapping, UAT, testing to go live at pre-IPO tech company.
* Executed purchase accounting for significant acquisition including the purchase accounting memo, opening balance sheet, subsequent adjustments to opening balance sheet for working capital and other entries.
* Built Accountinginfrastructure for a newly formed $25MM entertainment industry focused joint venture. Included establishing accounting procedures, creating first yearfinancial statements, reviewing contracts to determined proper accounting treatment and working with operations to establish flow of information.
* Re-constructed Equity Structure from inception (dealing with internal and external Attorneys and Auditors) for a movie production company.
* Managed and generated the process to restate year-end financial statements to reflect change in year-end date for private equity owned, multi-platform entertainment production company.
* Implemented Excel4apps GL Wand (general ledgerreporting) and Reports Wand (Oracle sub-ledgerreporting) reducing month end variance analysis time by days leading to a more timely and accurate close for publicly held technology company.
Your job will be to define and understand the client opportunity or issue and solve it; sometimes this will mean process improvement or automation and other times it will require you to apply rigorous financial analysis to inform operational or strategic decision making. In all circumstances, your job is to leave the client better than when you first arrived.
What you won?t be doing is the same work over and over. To work here, you must be capable of translating your experiences and actively applying your knowledge to solve client problems. Your skills will be stretched and you will be required to grow quickly.
We don?t just talk about client delivery, we embody it. That means that you?ll be nothing but proactive and engaged and ready to do whatever it takes to deliver a satisfying client experience. If you are not ready to play at this level, this is NOT the position for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Finance and Accounting professionals that are as concerned with continuous improvement and delivering real value as we are. We insist our clients be left feeling that our work made a notable difference.
* A combination of intellectual agility, academic /professional credentials, relentless enthusiasm and a track record of career achievements that suggests you have what it takes to deliver.
* You also must be great with people and able to communicate clearly and effectively with Financial, Operational and other C-level Executives.
WHY WORK HERE:
* Work at clients across a spectrum of industries, sizes, and circumstances (growing, acquiring, merging, launching new products, dealing with financial restructuring) without changing jobs.
* Focus on applying your brain, energy and experience to doing great work for clients, without the burden of navigating office politics.
* Work closely and directly with our firm?s founders and your colleagues to help build a large, successful company, and learn more about how to scale a business.
* Be in a company that does for a living what you do for a living, and truly values and appreciates what you do in finance.
* Very few financial professionals have the peace of mind that comes with an employment agreement: all of our people do, so you can focus on doing great work instead of worrying about job security.
* Get paid to be in constant growth and learning mode, instead of maintenance mode.
* Know that your great work will be recognized and rewarded, and instrumental in our firm?s success.
* Be in a company filled with really smart people who are really nice people to work with.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Competitive Base Salary
* A variety of Bonus Plans
* Full Time Employment Agreement
* Full Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
* 401K with Employer Match
* Paid Time Off , Company Holidays and Floating Holidays
* Life, Short and Long term Disability
* Full Cafeteria 125 and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Training University with over 3,000 Classes and 20,000 Business Books
* Tuition and Educational Reimbursement
* AND more....
* If you know someone that works here or one of the Partners of the firm (David Lewis, Shawn Spears or Kelly Patchett), please reference in your email.
* Let us know the best time to reach you.
* If you are relocating to Southern California and live elsewhere or you have specific ideas or expectations on compensation, please note that in your email.