The client is an established wealth management division of a northeastern regional bank with strong commercial, lending and retail presence through the northeast. This is highly team focused organization that is adding dedicated financial planning services in support of its existing regional wealth management team in Vermont. The position will report to the executive head of the Financial Planning Group.
This position leads the effort to utilize and promote financial planning as key to delivering Wealth Management services in its respective Region. It serves as a regional point-person, coach, and subject matter expert for financial planning, incorporating it into Wealth Management sales and retention efforts. It is charged with building awareness and credibility around the financial planning process internally and externally in the Region. This position leads the charge in making financial planning and advice-driven approach the preferred way of establishing, expanding and retaining Wealth Management client relationships in its Region.
- Leads change management initiative to move the Region toward utilizing financial planning as the key to delivering wealth management services. Demonstrates financial plan delivery process to team – both from a quantitative standpoint, as well as from a client-centered, emotional-intelligence standpoint.
- Demonstrates success of planning through incremental bottom-line revenue from new clients and from additions to existing relationships.
- Serves as subject matter expert on financial planning issues. Educates team, as well as internal and external partners, on various financial planning topics.
- Educates employees throughout the Region on financial planning. Coaches and educates team members on how to discuss planning with clients and prospects, which critical information to gather, how to analyze client financial status and how to develop and present individualized recommendations to the client.
- Collaborates with Regional management on a continuous basis to review existing relationships and prospects and identify opportunities to incorporate financial planning. Partners with team to develop and deliver financial plans to clients and prospects in the Region.
- Utilizes financial planning software (eMoney) to analyze and deliver financial plans. Works through complex planning scenarios with Wealth Management Officers & Advisors to help develop planning recommendations for clients.
- Heavily collaborates with Wealth Management team members to deliver a comprehensive and superb client experience.
- Works with internal business partners, such as Commercial, Retail, etc. to build awareness and credibility around the financial planning process, resulting in internal referrals.
- Promotes PUA’s financial planning focus in the community through external initiatives, such as workshops, COI (Center of Influence) meetings, and other networking, leading to increased brand awareness and external referrals.
- Leads and motivates staff to utilize emotional intelligence in working with clients, and to adopt a planning-based, client-focused approach.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
Educational and Credential Requirements
- College degree required
- 8+ year’s relevant experience.
- Advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred
- CFP designation required (or at least in process)
· Position Specific Experience/Knowledge
· Excellent understanding of financial planning issues.
· Financial planning software experience strongly desired (eMoney preferred).
· Demonstrated track record of working with clients in an advice-driven, planning-based environment.
· Possesses a combination of strong analytical financial planning skills coupled with keen emotional intelligence.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate others and to effectively collaborate in a team setting.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and personal integrity to build credibility and trust.
- Superior ability to analyze, evaluate and quantify financial planning issues, coupled with excellent communication skills to present findings and recommendations in a compelling way.
- Strong listening skills. Ability to find out and understand client goals, and respond to them in an emotionally intelligent way.
- Impeccable follow-through.
- Emotional intelligence a must
- Expertise in various aspects of financial planning and understanding of how planning fits within the Wealth Management group strategic framework.
- Superior ability to motivate, inform, educate and influence employees to support the Wealth Management vision for the Region.
Ability to travel up to 20-30% throughout Vermont