Job ID 2018-1376
Working directly for VP, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis willdrive company-wide business financial and operational efficiency and profit performance. The position interactswith Ajinomoto Windsor Inc. leadership team, Business Unit leaders and provides timely and comprehensive information and analysis to drive decision making. The ideal candidate must have strong leadership, business operations, technology, analytical and communications skills.
- Lead a small Financial Planning and Analysis team, including mentoring and developing a staff.
- Provide cost accounting guidance to operations finance and plant accounting staff.
- Consolidate manufacturing performance reports and forecasts, and provide timely fact-based analysisto senior operations executive team.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements to Executive Management, Board of Directors and headquarters Finance and Business Unit departments.
- Work with Business Units to drive segment/category profitability and strategic initiatives.
- Enhance processes and tools to standardize performance metrics and perform benchmarking analysis.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including revenue, cost of sales, expenses, capital expenditures, free cash flow, and other relevant areas.
- Manage the company’s capital approval process, including initial business case analysis and post completion review to maximize return on investment
- Prepare and present business cases and/or justifications to support key strategic initiatives
- Lead the annual budgeting process including consolidation of all operating locations, Business Units and SG&A departments. Prepare presentation for Executive Management team.
- Support the business development function on M&A activity including investment thesis development, financial model creation and due diligence.
- Assist in the development of financial models, projections and presentation materials for Banks and Rating Agencies.
- Support Senior Management and Business Unit leaders on various ad hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Lead or participate in key technology and Kaizen initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; MBA and Master Degree preferred.
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills required.
- 7+ years of strong Financial and Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in the Food industry.
- Broad business experience on both the revenue and cost side; P & L understanding with complete comprehension of Balance Sheet, Cash flow and ratios that drive return on invested capital.
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to interact with Business Unit executives in a professional manner.
- Must be a team player with initiative, passion and a demonstrated ability to drive profit improvement initiatives.
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment and handles confidential information.
- ERP implementation experience highly desirable.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and business intelligence applications; knowledge of JD Edwards is a plus.
- This position is based in Ontario, California. Some travel is required.