WarnerMedia seeks a Director, Financial Planning & Analysis for the GF WWTV Executive Office department.
Director, International TV Distribution FP&A is an integral member of the WarnerMedia International planning team and supports and plays an integral role in the leading the business unit’s Financial Planning and Reporting functions. This role is responsible in the development and preparation of the long-range plans and operating budgets, with a strategic focus, for consumption by executive leadership. Responsibilities include management reporting, budget consolidation, long-range planning, forecasting, analysis, interpretation of trends and presentation of findings to senior management. Provides business decision support for TV Distribution and WM Corporate (e.g., greenlight analyses).
The position reports directly to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Oversight in the preparation of the annual Budgets and Long-Range Plans, quarterly forecasts, and monthly pacing updates for WM International TV; related variance analyses and noting key business drivers.
- Direct the consolidation of international TV results, forecasts, and budgets using inputs from finance, sales planning, legal, and TV production. Prepare related variance analyses and financial package submissions for each forecast and quarter close.
- Oversee the financial planning activities of major international sales offices, working directly with local sales executives and sales planning staff. Also oversee the territories that under the supervision of his/her direct reports.
- Oversee the development of executive dashboards to identify trends in the business and evaluate any significant variances to expected results as well as assist in the development of plans to achieve divisional profit goals.
- Provide financial support for International Television initiatives and sales proposals, which include finance, budgeting and running/preparing models on potential new ventures. Closely monitor industry trends, competitive landscape and summarize industry dynamics.
- Assist in the Development of key department priorities and operational roadmap to ensure staff is ready and able to meet changing business needs. Identify areas of training and development for staff.
- Manage system related issues, process improvements and enhancements.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and inquiries from management as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 10 years accounting and forecasting experience
- Experience in International Television Finance preferred
- Entertainment experience strongly preferred
- Must have proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Experience with Longview Solutions software would be a big plus
- Experience leading and building high performing teams
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to create dynamic and detailed financial models to evaluate different operating scenarios for TV-related businesses (including cash-flow models and TV ultimates).
- Must have ability to quickly learn new applications in a PC environment.
- Quantitative analysis skills.
- Must be able to develop and implement projects.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills; a confident communicator able to interact effectively at all levels of the organization and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Work independently and adapt to the changing needs of the division.
- Work well under time constraints.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Good problem resolution skills, strong organizational skills, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage / develop staff.
- Strong attention to detail / experience working with high volume of data preferred.