Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
Mitchell’s worker’s compensation national managed care program offers solutions for insurance carriers, third-party administrators and employers. We recommend an integrated suite of solutions that include utilization review and case management with a focus on managing total claims costs while expediting safe return to work.
Mitchell’s Pharmacy Solutions division provides critical Pharmacy Benefit Management solutions to hundreds of workers’ compensation and auto insurance carriers, administrators and employers in the United States, as well as connects with over 65,000 pharmacies to provide injured patients with access to prescription medicines. Our mission is to provide our customers with better claim outcomes and help patients restore their lives after a workplace or automobile accident.
This position of Director, Finance will play a key leadership role in the development, management and reporting of the Business Units’ (“BU”) financial and operational performance with thorough analysis to maximize the overall profitability of the BU and Company, including assisting functional leaders in growing revenue, increasing productivity and controlling expenses.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the BU and Corporate and corporate finance.
- Participate in the annual budgeting, forecast and planning process for the BU, ensuring financial plans are well integrated, accurate and accountability has been established throughout the organization.
- Lead the monthly operations review process, providing reliable forecasts of revenue, expense, capex and EBITDA based on input from management team.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of monthly closings, including providing operations analysis and variance explanations.
- Support the functional leaders by developing key metrics that support the efficient and effective management of functional areas, and driving the implementation of systems and processes.
- Monitor division and department adherence to approved budget to facilitate operational changes as necessary.
- Thoroughly assess financial variables, identify and evaluate fundamental issues, assist division leadership by providing financial strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Provide for financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential products, alliances or partnerships.
- Analyze trends and developments within the industry in relation to financial strategy and recommends/formulates a course of action to ensure the company’s leverage within its industry.
- Provide proactive analysis of emerging transaction trends, product and client-level profit/cost analysis, assisting in accuracy of monthly accrual management, and headcount/contractor spend monitoring.
- Interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters as an influential leader.
- Assist in the development of Board presentation materials on key operational and financial performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field. A Masters of Business Administration would be considered a plus.
- 5+ years of professional experience, with at least 2 years working in finance or accounting roles.
- Experience as lead finance resource for business or business unit.
- Expert knowledge of excel and SQL would be a plus.
- Investment banking or private equity experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge in finance, accounting and reporting and analysis.
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Strong skill set in business management and organizational strategy.
- Experience with consulting and process improvement projects.
- Ability to craft and present board-level presentations.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to San Diego.17-7966