Grubhub is looking for an innately-curious, highly-driven, results-oriented Finance Director. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Executive team and leaders across the organization.
In this role, you will lead our central FP&A activities - budgeting/forecasting, internal financialreporting and variance analyses - with a focus on optimizing our financial performance across the company. You will also help us understand the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Finance and Analytics.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to balance the day to day responsibilities of running our FP&Aprocesses with driving larger analytical projects which surface those value-creating opportunities.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Run the company-wide budgeting and forecastingprocesses
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial packages, including in-depth analyses on underlying causes of variance to goals; support quarterly earnings preparation and reporting
- Partner with leaders to effectively manage departmental P&Ls while also finding areas which help us grow faster and generate more profit
- Drive large, cross-functional research projects which inform strategic business decisions
- Act as a ‘utility player’ across Finance - roll-up your sleeves and help with various projects as needed
- Proactively find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies
You Should Have
- BA/BS or MBA from top-tier University
- 7-10 years of experience in Corporate Finance, preferably within tech
- Excellent communication skills - ability present cohesive financial results/recommendations to senior management and interact across all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, adapting easily to change
- SQL and/or Tableau desirable