The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will lead the financial analysis and business decision making support for multiple subsidiaries at Inseego Corp. Reporting to the VP Finance, the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will support executive leadership in leading the development of operational and business plans. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will develop and oversee the execution of core financial analysisprocesses by implementing disciplined financial analysis methodologies and establishing financial targets. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will assist in the identification of potential business opportunities and the development of sales and profit forecasts that support new and ongoing initiatives. Additionally, the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will produce financial models and forecasts that incorporate assumptions, expectations, and known risks. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will prepare analyses for business case presentations to executive management.
- Plan and coordinate annual budgeting and monthly forecastingprocesses
- Work closely with the accounting function to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial statements
- Develop balance sheet and cash flow projections
- Analyze and report on actual versus planned financial results
- Assist department leaders in the development and monitoring of the respective budgets
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of revenue, SG&A and capital expenditures highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Work closely with sales to understand the pipeline and incorporate into future revenue forecasts
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financialforecasting, operating plan and modeling tools
- Work with business unit owners to define key performance indicators used to measure overall operational performance
- Monitoring operating cash requirements and covenant compliance
- Monitoring capital expenditure requirements
- Business degree in finance or accounting required; MBA is a plus.
8-10 years experience / Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred)
- Advanced financial modeling and research skills.
- Highly polished speaking, writing, listening, and presentation skills.
- Well-developed and proven analytical skills including business planning, financial analysis, and business unit reporting.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, flows and processesrequired.
- Experience with revenue recognition, margin analysis, budgeting, and planning.
- Experience with hardware and SaaS models.
- Experience in designing and implementing ad hoc projects such as annual financialreporting, operations analysis, financial modeling, balance sheet and gross margin analysis.
- Extensive financial modeling experience utilizing Microsoft Excel; familiarity with data query/data management tools helpful (Access, SQL, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task with proven skills in problem solving and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative with the commitment and ability to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of eight to ten years of work experience in finance/accounting, with a minimum of five years specific to financial analysis while in positions of increasing responsibility required.