Cracker Barrel is looking to bring on a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. We are seeking an individual with strong leadership skills to lead the forecasting, financial planning, analysis and reportingfunction for the Restaurant and Retail Operations arm of the organization including financial support of business strategies, key initiatives, and comprehensive monthly forecasts. This position is located in Lebanon, TN at the Home Office.
- Responsible for development and execution of effective ideas and solutions which optimize company resources and improve profitability, while protecting the Brand.
- Collaborates with all levels of management to help improve business acumen within the organization, while raising awareness levels and probing for greater efficiencies and business opportunities.
- Serves as a critical strategic resource to Restaurant & Retail Operations teams, both field-based andhome office.
- Leads, coaches & develops a team of 5 including 2 managers and 3 analysts.
- Leads the store-level P&L component of annual planning process, including trend analysis, knownrisks & opportunities, recommendations and presentation of alternatives to achieve critical targets.
- Develops and refines financial models for strategic initiatives, including off-premise, prime costs (food & labor) as well as unit-level operating expenses (utilities, maintenance, supplies, etc.)
- Coordinates and presents weekly and monthly variance analyses for the store-level P&Ls, including understanding complexities and interdependencies of various cost-drivers, identifying risks and opportunities, anticipating results and working with operators to improve performance.
- Designs and presents a course of action for measuring strategic initiatives, increases levels of business acumen throughout the organization, and raises levels of financial awareness and anticipation.
- Provides superior quantitative and qualitative problem solving recommendations, while handlingmultiple high profile projects concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or related field
- 10+ years progressive experience in restaurant/retail financial analysis
- Previous experience in a Director level role
- MBA or Masters in Finance, preferred
- CPA or equivalent, preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in presenting & communicating at the executive level
- Ability to influence across various levels of organization and across multiple functional teams
- Proven track record of teaching & developing talent
- Intellectual curiosity & results-driven nature
- Thorough knowledge of financial analyses including projecting, forecasting and budgeting planning.
- Experience in restaurant/retail industry, operations and trends