Not Specified years
Posted 270 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Financial Analysis & Deal ManagementOverview:
This role is a key member of the Loyalty Finance team responsible for managing the customer business development and deal process. Loyalty is one of Mastercard’s key service lines and a strategic priority for driving preference and delivering long-term strategy. The Loyalty business lines include card benefits, insurance, rewards and offers platforms.This is an opportunity to work cross-functionally with regional and global teams including Sales, Legal, Product, Risk, Pricing, Financial Planners on the establishment, management and execution of strategic and complex deals.
Will require someone proficient at managing multiple tasks and be able to prioritize with teams to ensure deals are addressed in a timely manner. Candidate will develop a sound understanding of the Mastercard business, pricing, overall strategy and be able to utilize that knowledge into making well-thought out and sound recommendations to help Mastercard retain and win new business, while protecting Mastercard financially.
Key responsibilities: structure revenue generating deals, support business case development for key vendor contracts, partner on product pricing and own technology cost analysis to better inform Product P&Ls.
• Lead product pricing strategy initiative to evaluate current pricing models, by product and assist in implementing potential new pricing models
• Review and approve deals: Develop & maintain a deal review process/models to ensure financially sound deals. Role will be key in helping generate revenue for the Loyalty vertical. Candidate will also lead alignment sessions with regional finance/business leads and the Executive for Loyalty
• Develop and review strategic business cases: Partner with BFO & the business to develop and review business cases for key initiatives and strategies within Loyalty and Advisors including M&A, investments in new products/ platforms, vendor contracts etc
• Technology (TCO) cost analysis: Drive deeper understanding of platform costs working in close conjunction with Product and Technology teams that will allow for a better view on Product P&Ls. Candidate will have access to two FP&A resources for this initiative
• P&L Management: Gain an astute understanding of the full P&L, inclusive of all expense line items, in order to provide a holistic view of the business
• Analytics: Oversee the management & reporting of business agreements and performance analytics
• Strategy: Assist in the development and implementation of long-term strategies to enhance MasterCard profitability and competitive leverage. Providing consultative support, thought leadership, strategy development, innovative ideas and approaches to the senior management team
All About You:
• A proven track record of accomplishments (Cards/Payments industry a plus but not required)
• Demonstrated thought leadership with the ability to translate raw data into meaningful information
• Leadership presence and credibility with various levels of management
• Comfortable with occasional ambiguity but able to make calculated decisions
• Advanced PC, modeling and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
• Possesses a natural collaborative style, and is able to work effectively and efficiently across the multiple areas and levels of the Mastercard organization
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
•Bachelor’sDegree in Finance or related discipline, MBAPreferred (preferably inFinance/Strategy/General Management),CPA/CFA a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer