This position will be a key member of the T-Mobile for Business (TFB) Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) leadership team responsible for forecasting, reporting, and analysis of the Wholesale and Wireline business units. This individual will lead a team that provides guidance on the financial trends and operational drivers behind the results, presents key takeaways on findings, and influences key business decisions with a financial lens. Central to success in this role will be the ability to establish strong relationships with business partners to work together to achieve ambitious business objectives, and to be an excellent values-based leader with a passion for team development and growth.
As a part of their daily activities, this individual will be required to interface with groups within T-Mobile including, but not limited to, Accounting, Corporate Strategy, Business Operations, as well as other peer groups within FP&A. Leading the team in continuous improvement efforts and enhancing current modeling and forecastingprocesses will be a key element in the role. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with demonstrated leadership and influencing skills, a solid understanding of industry economics and trends, and have outstanding ability to analyze and present the status of the business in practical and meaningful ways. The ideal candidate will also have a record of success in a fast paced and flexible environment and ability to work well across organizations.
What you'll do in your role.
- Leads the development of annual budgets and monthly forecasts for the Wholesale and Wireline business units, including service revenue, operating and capital expenses, and contribution for T-Mobile for Business.
- Recruits, manages, and develops talent for two Sr. Manager led teams. Coaches the team to be excellent business partners and top-notch financial advisors for the business.
- Works closely with business partners to socialize results, present recommendations, and influence strategy to achieve business targets.
- Oversees the team's use of statistical and financial modeling techniques to analyze results and identify variances and underlying causes, opportunities, and risks. Provides actionable insights around trends and financial performance. Presents findings to Senior Management, including suggestions for course correction.
- Consolidates and delivers analysis and explanation for variances versus forecast and budget to Senior Leadership in FP&A and in the business. Critical to maintain an independent perspective on the state of the business.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to inspire the team in continuous improvement in modeling, partnership, and general business acumen
The experience you'll bring.
- 10+ years' experience in leading forecasting and financial analysis teams with a track record of influencing key business priorities and outcomes
- Proven record of being an inclusive and inspirational leader who is committed to values-driven leadership and employee development
- Experience of working in an ambiguous, fast paced, growing and ever-changing environment, requiring flexibility and creativity to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to coach teams that are asked to work independently and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Superior communication, presentation, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong ability to see the "big picture" and experienced with improving processes
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and "think out of the box" to create win-win solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or a related area
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting principles. Knowledge of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills