Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
The Director, Finance Technology will work cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, uses keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while fostering Splunk’s long range goals.
You will lead a dynamic, distributed team responsible for rapidly evolving the systems and processessupporting our Finance and Accounting functions. You’ll lead the operation and performance of core platforms and the delivery of new or enhanced applications to support both known and emerging needs. You’ll work closely with business partners, and our governance working group to understand business imperatives, establish priorities, then align resource plans and schedules for on and offshore engineering resources to ensure predictable, high quality deliveries.
You will direct a global hybrid team of business analysts and specialists supporting production applications, leading operations, process improvement, and maintenance of 24x7 applications in a SOX compliant environment. You will evaluate potential new applications and solutions against business requirements, ensuring they are aligned to broader architectural and security standards and that they meet tactical and strategic objectives.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of professional experience crafting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- 7+ years of experience leading and developing delivery and technology teams
- Deep experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, providing consistent record of all activities, while handling confidential work with discretion
- Demonstrable success implementing and supporting large scale enterprise applications including NetSuite and Workday
- Real passion for documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
- Deep understanding of common concepts, methodologies, and technologies that support integration of complex systems including restful APIs, Enterprise Service Bus, etc
- Good communication and project management skills, shown experience delivering large scale, complex projects
- Real passion for managing a team and developing talent
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
- Travel up to 25%