Director, Finance | Sr. Controller
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
We’re a diverse, collaborative team tackling one of the most universal challenges in today’s workforce. With a mission to change the way companies engage with talent, we’re creating a better experience for employers, candidates, and contractors. Your work at Sense will impact millions of people around the globe and will be instrumental in evolving an entire industry. Join us in shaping the workforce of the future!
The Director of Finance will play a key role in helping Sense build the business by providing in-depth financial and analytical support. This person will operate with a high level of independence and play a leadership role. You will be responsible for critical areas of the monthly revenue close cycle for a SaaS subscription-based model and be a strong technical accountant. Assist in all aspects of the accounting close in a hands-on role. Manage ad-hoc and special projects including overseeing the company's first annual audit, developing financial systems and analysis. Oversee the company’s daily accounting functions, while ensuring we build quality processes and controls.
- Exhibit deep understanding of SaaS business drivers and metrics including, but not limited to: MRR, churn, and valuations
- Demonstrate strong ability to understand the dynamics of an early stage growth firm in the SaaS space, use critical thinking and enable the firm's management to make strategic decisions
- Perform & oversee financial planning/analysis, cash resource management & budgeting
- Create financial models & provide ad-hoc financial analysis
- Ensure all sources of revenue are properly reviewed and processed on a timely basis
- Responsible for booking or reviewing all accounting entries into GL
- Review contracts of varying complexity and recognize revenue accounting to GAAP standards
- Help manage and analyze revenue share agreements with key partners
- Perform month-end processes and reconciliations or review of reconciliations
- Analyze and provide flux commentary on monthly Balance Sheet and P&L
- Assist in preparing for audits, providing audit support and managing audit
- Establish and manage internal controls, guidelines, accounting policies and record retention.
- Work closely with CEO and other executives on business analysis, budgeting, data, and special projects as needed
- 5+ years of accounting and financial experience
- BA in accounting, finance or economics or related field
- Great team player and work ethic
- Superior financial modeling and presentation skills
- Comfort with data and ambiguity, and an ability to delve into details and adapt priorities on the fly
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Experience with SaaSOptics or other SaaS subscription software preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.