This position will be a key leader in the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) group who will work in close partnership with the business partners including the VP and Managing Director – DDTC, while maintaining an objective and independent mindset in evaluating business performance and investment opportunities. Must be able to influence business partners and provide recommendations in order to drive decision making consistent with corporate objectives. Will own the forecast process for the US Market (and assist on portions of any international expansion processes) and develop financial models that aim to balance delivering near-term financial commitments without compromising long-term growth objectives. The individual will be a key player in tracking financial performance and other KPIs for the stores. Included in these efforts is the management of ongoing transformation initiatives to improve efficiencies, capabilities and controls. The analysis of business development opportunities, business trends, and cost optimization opportunities will be critical.
- Delivery of Financial commitments for the DDTC Channel
- Lead financial planning & analysis and processes related to the DDTC Channel. Includes partnering with the DDTC Channel Leadership Teams and Corporate FP&A in the preparation of the strategic plans, AOP, quarterly forecasts and monthly Latest Estimates.
- Oversight of the retail store performance in the DDTC Channel
- Identify and recommend cost saving and revenue growth strategies to management.
- Participate in monthly close, analyze trends and variances, and provide insights to the leadership team.
- Maintain standard financial metrics, help business partners set financial benchmark goals
- Drive and streamline system processes
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and modeling on business opportunities and measure performance
- Finance liaison for multiple cross-functional projects.
- Drive process improvements through identifying and leveraging best practices across the organization.
- Review and evaluate accounting procedures for process, efficiency and control improvements and implement scalable processes. Recommend modifications to existing processes and/or automation of manual procedures as appropriate.
- Manage direct report(s) and oversee successful accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- Preparing financial models, business cases and long-range planning and scenario analysis for prospective investments and new business initiatives.
- Interact with Internal Audit and the independent public accounting firm on quarterly reviews and/or annual audit including Sarbanes Oxley matters. Maintain an effective and efficient system of internal financial controls.
- Experience in a consumer or retail business required
- Strong finance and accounting skills (GAAP)
- Expert forecasting and financial modeling skills
- Must be a good team player
- Able to function with ambiguity
- Highly customer and results driven, good commercial sense, provide strong leadership, control the flow of information, and foster team spirit
- Proven experience collaborating with global finance teams, building relationships, proactively communicating and maintaining a standard of excellence and best practices
- Works with an attitude of 100% accountability in all areas of engagement
- Can deal with ambiguity
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be a strong communicator and influencer
- Ability to manage, develop, and maximize potential of staff
- Ability and desire to drive process-based improvement across functions
- Ability to work effectively across geographies and time zones
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Solid business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics; MBA/CPApreferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in retail and/or consumer financing
- FP&A experience of 10+ years
- Significant experience with ROI modeling
- Hyperion Financial Management and/or other planning tools
- Strong experience in building models in MS Excel required
- Strong understanding of fully integrated ERP systems (SAP a plus)
- Travel of ~25% required