As a Director of Finance, Merchandising and Supply Chain for GNC, you will lead the development of timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to achieve strategic plans, budget and forecast for GNC Merchandising and Supply Chain. You will actively interpret and review financial and operational results with business managers, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses. You will lead analysis that aids in the decision-making process and increased profitability, cash flow, and value creation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver recommendations to leadership to influence decisions via accurate, clear and concise analyses and communications reflecting both quantitative and qualitative perspectives.
- Partner with Merchandising and Supply Chain Leaders in short and long term inventory planning.
- Partner with Supply Chain team to improve all aspects of the function (optimized inventory levels, maximize turns, reduce out of stock, optimize purchasing channels, etc.).
- Partner with the Merchandising team to optimize product offerings (end to end), analyze the financial impact of new offerings (verticals, expansion of current offering, replacement of current products, etc.), and continual improvement of financial terms (vendor payment terms, rebates, discounts, etc.).
- Development and tracking of costs and benefits for wide range of initiatives, including assumptions-based project planning for Supply Chain.
- Partner with other Finance team members in monthly forecast cycles, working with functional leaders to identify planning assumptions for key business drivers.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning, target setting, and annual planning processes, and perform risk and opportunities analysis versus business outlook.
- Collaborate with various teams (e.g. Supply Chain, Operations, Merchandising, and Accounting) to improve data quality and speed to reporting. Ensure performance is accurately reported.
- Continuous improvement of company's processes, deliverables, and timeline, including developing, automating, and maintaining regularly used reports.
- Support Supply Chain on Capital Budget Request (CBRs) process, including financial analysis, cost/benefit tracking, and business case development.
- Champion and effectively manage change, utilizing superior leadership skills and organizational influence.
- Create and develop leadership business updates, focused on key metrics and results.
- Develop and coach high-performing teams, driving collaboration and efficiency as well as professional development of team members.
Manage, support and develop a team
7-10 years of extensive experience in supply chain/merchandisingfinancial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting.
2-5 years' proven people management experience.
Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field with an emphasis on Finance and/or Accounting, an advanced degree may be acceptable in lieu of 1 year of experience. An MBA (with a concentration on Finance, Economics, Business Administration
or a related field), CMA or CPA is preferred
- Strong knowledge of strategic planning, budgeting, investment analysis and economic profit analysis and knowledge of GAAP is strongly preferred
- Experience with a multinational retail or consumer products company is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Strong ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Strong ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers
- Excellent understanding and application of managerial concepts and techniques in areas such as innovation, inspiration, employee development, coaching and engagement