What will you do?
The Finance Director will lead the Laboratory Analytical Reagents global finance team, manage the BU’s financials (total revenue of ~$250M), partner with BU leaders to develop and execute strategies to drive growth and profitability, and team with finance functions across Thermo Fisher to drive improvement to the BU’s P&L. The Finance Director will also lead the monthly / quarter close, support NPIs, and M&Aprocesses.
- Full ownership of all finance activities for Laboratory Analytical Reagents business: including internal control, regular reporting and analysis
- Act as business partner to the VP/GM & BU Leadership Team, providing challenge and support in equal measure
- Lead the monthly and quarterly business reviews, help develop the BUs’ strategic action plan and manage the annual operating plan process & forecasting
- Partner cross-functionally with Product Management, Operations, R&D, Commercial, and Strategic Pricing Teams to identify growth and profitability opportunities to improve overall business performance
- Lead the creation of financial and business models to support business projects and initiatives (i.e., new product development and related ROI, acquisitions- make v buy, ARs
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to include both financialrisk and business performance risk
- Provide leadership to the finance team, constantly raising the bar of expectation and developing a world class finance organization
- Support inorganic business development opportunities as required, playing an active role in business case formulation. Ensure smooth integration of acquired businesses as necessary
How will you get here?
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or other business related disciplines (MBA / CPApreferred)
- 12+ years of experience
- Life Sciences experiencepreferred
- Ability to partner with management at all levels and to lead major projects and initiatives
- Excellent analytical skills that lead to actionable growth opportunities
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Strong business acumen and ability to lead outside the construct of finance
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of pricing models, sales trends, financial statements and valuation drivers
Key Success Factors:
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to adapt leadership style to different situations and people
- Must be a business leader rather than a technical expert – this position plays an active role in leading the business, providing both challenge and support
- Strong internal controls and technical accounting experience. Must have an outstanding attention to detail and strong process rigor.
- Strong analytical skills – and ability to use those skills to influence and drive change
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Global experience
- 20% travel requirement