This position is responsible for the control of general accounting systems to provide records and reports of assets, liabilities, and financial transactions. Also responsible for the management and administration of financial planning (budgeting) activities, Cost accounting, and Information Services.
· Oversees and controls the maintenance of general accounting systems.
· Oversees and reviews the financial reports covering sales, earnings, profits, cash
balances, general ledger, financial statements, accounts and bank reconciliations.
· Oversees the preparation and review of capital expenditure budgets.
· Develops and directs the operation of additional and exceptional accounting projects,
procedures, and reports necessary to obtain improved information for Corporate,
Federal and State and Local reporting purposes.
· Analyzes and communicates variances to annual and mid-year (Plans 1&3) plans.
· Coordinates the communication and work activity of various individuals and departments
to obtain financial information in relation to sales forecasts, costs forecasts, manpower
projections, overhead budgets, capital expenditures, cash flow, and balance sheet
· Summarizes and analyzes the financial information and creates financial forecast
reports, plans, models and budgets consistent with plan submissions.
· Provides year-end projections on a regular basis.
· Supports the function of liaison between facility and Government auditing agencies
(Defense Contract Auditing Agency-DCAA; and Defense Contract Administration
· Ensures the preparation and submittal of a Final Incurred Rate package and For Pricing
Rate (FPR) package to the Division.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· BS in Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of 10 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of FAR/CAS government accounting.