Booking Holdings Inc. is one of the world’s largest ecommerce companies which competes globally with both online and traditional travel and restaurant reservation and related services. The Company, through its six brands, connects consumers wanting to make travel and restaurant reservations with travel service providers and restaurants. During 2017, the Company had consolidated gross profit and net income of $12.7 billion and $2.3 billion, respectively, and acreate current market value of approximately $100 billion. Booking Holdings’ mission is “to help people experience the world” via our six global brands, collectively (the “Brands”):
- Booking.com:The world's leading brand for online accommodation reservations (based on room nights booked), with operations worldwide and headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Priceline.com:The leading deals-focused online travel reservation service in the US for flights, hotel, car, package and cruise, and headquartered in Norwalk, CT.
- KAYAK:The leading US online price comparison (“meta-search”) service to search and compare travel itineraries and prices, from 100’s of travel suppliers and is headquartered in Stamford, CT.
- Agoda.com: A leading online accommodation reservation service for APAC travelers with operations in Bangkok and the surrounding region, headquartered in Singapore.
- Rentalcars.com:A leading worldwide online rental car and ground transport reservation service, headquartered in Manchester, England.
- OpenTable:A leading brand for online booking and restaurant reservation software, headquartered in San Francisco, California.
At Booking Holdings we help our customers to reach all corners of the earth. Our ability to provide great service rests on how well we understand our diverse customer base, which is why having a diverse team is so important to us. We bring together employees from all walks of life and we are proud to provide the kind of inclusive environment that stimulates innovation, creativity and collaboration.
This Finance Global Optimization Director role is an opportunity to work for the world’s leading provider of online travel & related services.
Ranked as one of the world’s most innovative companies, Booking Holdings has a global presence in more than 220 countries and territories through six primary brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, KAYAK, BookingGo and OpenTable. Collectively, Booking Holdings operates in more than 220 countries and territories in Europe, North America, South America, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa in more than 40 languages.
The role will report directly to the Vice President, Financial Optimization. The company is ideally looking for someone who has experience working in a fast growth, innovative environment. In this role they will be required to work cross functionally with the C-level & Brand level executives and board to help with the strategic growth of the business. The Finance Global Optimization Director will support the company’s Brands by evaluating and recommending improvements to business processes. As such, they will be capable of developing strong partnerships with senior business leaders and working in a highly collaborative way across a broad range of initiatives. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the value of ongoing process improvement, leveraging technology and will thrive in an evolving, fast-paced workplace. Qualified candidates have meaningful experience working in top tier global management consulting or professional services firm.
- Oversee analyses on end-to-end Finance processes and provide strategic recommendations for optimization
- Develop plans for key initiatives and detailed roadmaps for execution
- Provide support to the Vice President, Financial Optimization in obtaining buy-in from leadership team on key initiatives
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships across Brands and maintain effective communication channels
- Work proactively with the Brands and IT to document Financial impacts, business requirements, process changes, & implementation plans for projects
- Anticipate potential issues and implement appropriate mitigations
- Keep executive sponsors informed via status up-dates, formal presentations & timely escalations
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality value across the entire program at all levels
- Provide training to support adoption of initiatives
- Develop and report on select KPIs to monitor the Finance Global Optimization progress
- Lead and provide oversight to Finance Global Optimization Project Manager
- Be the Finance Change Management Champion
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a global Finance transformation role or relevant experience
- 2-4 years experience in management consulting
- Experience in e-commerce and a multi-brand business strategy is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; Master’s degree is preferred; CPA is a plus
- Experience in leading and supporting cross-functional / global transformation initiatives and facilitating discussions with executives
- Experience using Finance systems and reengineering end-to-end business processes (record-to-report, purchase-to-pay, order-to-cash, plan-to-perform)
- Experience with large scale system implementations and end-to-end project management
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to be objective and think critically in consideration of leading practices that enable the long-term vision of Finance
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional management without formal reporting relationship
- Experience in identifying risks to project implementations and associated mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes and design solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and capability of communicating with a diverse range of individuals. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to build relationships with key leaders to successfully implement projects
- Innovative mindset and experience with emerging finance technologies (RPA, AI, Etc.)
- Detail oriented, analytical and meticulous
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.