The Director of Finance plays a major role in the development of Mohawk Industry's five-year strategic plan and ensures that appropriate methods are in place to track volume, profit and other key metrics critical to running the business and to making critical, time-sensitive decisions. This role also provides critical analytical support to the various business units, including Residential Soft Surfaces, & Builder/Multi-Family Channel. This position has daily exposure to the Chief Financial Officer and frequent exposure to other members of senior management.
- Develop annual financial and operational plans. Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. Analyze and report on financial performance. Establish financial objectives; prepare and update forecasts; prepare annual operating and capital budgets. Provide variance analysis and feedback. Develop monthly reporting and analyze complex financial data. Review pricing and contract terms; participate in RFP, contract analysis, and rebate modeling. Drive financial accountability with operating units.
- Organize, drive, and consolidate the Five Year Strategic Planning process, Annual Operation Plan, and all forecasts and other executive reporting and/or presentations, as required.
- Drive financial performance and provide earnings estimate to leadership. Suggest operational actions required to achieve financial targets.
- Guide senior executives through critical decision-making processes and assist team leads in target-setting process.
- Serve as point-of-contact for Corporate Strategic Planning team. Promote and communicate key elements of Annual Strategic Plan across the organization.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders in all of functions, including Finance, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing/Operations, Supply Chain, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.Advanced degree and/or CPA certification preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible related financial experience required, including budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and building financial models.
- Minimum of 4 years finance/accounting leadership experience. Previous management experience preferred.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, finance, statistical analysis and general business administration in order to oversee and direct accounting related functions.
- General knowledge of accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write reports and present information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to comfortably communicate with and influence executive management.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize projects and meet multiple demands.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Hyperion, JDE and SAP proficiency is also a plus.
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid time management and organizational skills, including the ability to meet tight deadlines and schedules.