Director, Finance - Faculty Practice Associates
The Mount Sinai Health System
Do you have what it takes to wear the badge?
Director of Finance, Faculty Practice Associates - 2137986
The Mount Sinai Health System’s commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System’s ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai’s mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (the School) is a leading teaching and research institution that educates physicians, biomedical scientists and medical students for careers in the practice of medicine, the delivery of health care and the pursuit of medical research. It grants both MD and PhD degrees. The School is closely affiliated with The Mount Sinai Hospital and its affiliates, although the School is managed separately and is a separate legal entity. The School has more than 3,600 full time faculty members. For 2016, the School’s total revenues exceeded $2.5 billion of which $1.2 billion was derived from patient care services provided principally by the Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice (MSDFP), a multi-specialty physician practice located at multiple sites throughout the five boroughs of Manhattan.
Reporting to the School’s Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Faculty Practice Finance is responsible for the leadership and management of the MSDFP finances including:
- Financial accounting and reporting for all aspects of the MSDFP.
- Accurately paying clinical physicians according to their compensation plan.
- Working closely with clinical department administrators, Finance and Information Technology staff to maintain and continuously improve the internal controls over MSDFP finances including:
- Monthly financialreports for each department and every doctor
- Revenue cycle reports, metrics, dashboards
- Physician productivity reports.
- Directing the work and fostering the professional development of a 14 member faculty practice finance staff.
- Working closely with the CEO and COO of the MSDFP on faculty practice financial matters.
- Working closely with Hospital financial management.
- Prepare all external/survey reports for MGMA, AMA, UHC, Etc.
- Ensure that a complete, accurate and current supplement form that defines the compensation for each clinical physician is on file with the Faculty Practice Finance Department.
What You'll Bring:
The MSDFP is one of the largest faculty practices in the US and requires a proven leader who is highly motivated and committed to maintaining and continuously improving every aspect of the practice’s financialinternal control environment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- 7years of financial management leadership experience, preferably in an academic Medical Center setting.
- Master’s degree in a related field of study (MBA, Finance, Accounting) and/or a CPA with healthcare public accounting experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing skills to communicate effectively with MSDFP’s many constituencies.
- Excellent management, accounting, financial and analytical skills to assist with the development of business plans, budgets, policies and procedures and user friendly reports are also required.
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Who We Are:
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai Roosevelt, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.