Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
Community Medical Centers (CMC) is committed to preparing future leaders for the next steps in their careers with the development of a two-year long externship program.
During the externship, the extern will be paired with a mentor (Vice President) and will focus on experience and exposure as the method of preparing for leadership roles in the organization. The extern will be expected to lead key projects across all CMC facilities, have one or more departments report up to them and attend Director meetings.
Upon successful completion of the program, the extern will be "on deck" for the position they have prepared for during the externship program.
*** Internal candidates selected for this opportunity will be expected to support a successful transition of their current responsibilities to a successor.
- Serve as the business-focused subject matter expert to develop the service line. Incorporates into the program development plans information on demographic trends and opportunities at the local, regional, state and national levels inclusive of relevant benchmarks for performance.
- Focus on expansion of existing services and the development of new products and services.
- Responsible for program development and the strategic plans and operations of the current service line business and any new lines of services developed, inclusive of operating and capital budgets, staffing plans, and physician recruitment.
- Accountable for plans to achieve targets established for program specific service and quality measures, core measures, and patient satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of the hospital's business strategy and market positioning for new and existing product lines.
- Provide ongoing analysis of market dynamics and market share changes, product line performance and overall tracking of business initiatives and competitive intelligence.
- Responsible for translating data and analysis into realistic business strategy.
- Provide input into business planning, budget, managed care, contracting, and partnerships.
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with self-insured employers, the patient community, industry thought-leaders and other third party advocates/influencers for the purpose of expanding and maximizing coverage and reimbursement.
- Maintain positive physician relationships with key stakeholders and develop relationships with new and referring physicians.
- Create and implement contingency plans to address changing market conditions and address potential risks and/or obstacles in the marketplace.
- Provide management regular status updates with a clear sense of progress and any marketplace changes (major insurance, employer and reimbursement issues, changes in legislation or in guidelines at the federal, state and local levels) during the course of the performance year.
- Set and/or actively participate in meetings and one-on-one contacts that are appropriately frequent, timely and information-rich.
- Monitor team's interactions and relationships to assure a positive environment.
- Utilizes data to continually monitor key performance indicators (including length of stay) to identify and implement continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- In collaboration with assigned mentor, advances their professional development as a financial leader.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
- Healthcare industry, medical services and delivery systems.
- Healthcare reimbursement, provider contracting, and managed care principles.
- Healthcare data reporting and pricing.
- Global understanding of the industry, trends, products, key relationships and competitors.
- Sales and marketing fundamentals, including market research.
- Market intelligence, database and support.
- Systems thinking and systems design
- Collaborating on cross-functional teams.
- Responding to sensitive and controversial issues.
- Reading and interpreting professional program/service area materials and reports.
- Leading the development and execution of a strategic marketing plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration
- Master's degree must be completed by the end of the 2rd year in the role
- Experience with hospital operations