Director, Finance - Commercial
Lead the core forecast, opex and channel management teams for the LSG Global Commercial Finance Team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive efficient processes and make business decisions through effective communication with Senior Management. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and utilize proactive, early indicator reporting metrics to communicate financialrisk or opportunities to senior management
- Provide financial oversight and leadership for the business, sharing insights through monthly/quarterly reporting at leadership staff meetings
- Lead the development of the annual operating plan (AOP) for the Commercial team and respective global business partners
- Drive the execution of the AOP by the accountable team members via robust business partner support and world class financial reporting
- Oversee the monthly forecasting process, highlighting risks and opportunities for each business unit and region as appropriate
- Partner with key stakeholders to solicit feedback to develop and implement step level improvements to enhance efficiency and productivity of reporting
- Improve on tools utilized by site management to run business; Recommend and implement corrective actions
- Implement new programs via coaching and mentoring that enhance the finance team members performance and organizational productivity
- Provide clear, concise and accurate presentations/analysis to Senior Management with minimal lead time
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, internal control, forecasting, analysis, and technical accounting knowledge. Demonstrated success driving streamlined budget planning, strategic planning, and performance reporting processes
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Strong business and industry knowledge as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- Proven history of leading cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners
- Recruit, develop, and manage professional teams and the ability to provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes.
- Manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively.
- Commit to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Experience with Hyperion, COGNOS and SAP preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
- 5 years experience managing a team of professionals
- 10 years of progressive relevant work experiencerequired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.