The Director Finance and Business Planning in the US Finance team performs a critical role to the US sales and marketing organization by leading key Financial Planning and Analysisprocesses, financial modeling, and cross functional project work to improve efficiencies and optimize profitability. This position will be responsible for all forecast and budget activities, business unit financialreporting and insightful reviews of inventory, sales allowances and overhead expenses.
You will build cross functional partnerships to drive collaboration, resolve issues, as well as looking beyond our current way of operating. Reporting to the VP Finance and managing a small team, this is an opportunity to be in an environment where a strong working partnership is highly valued, as is team coaching and development. Critical to success is the ability to promote and foster a culture of financial accountability across the organization.
A day in the life as the Director Finance and Business Planning
- Create monthly financialreporting packages delivered to the senior leadership team. Includes the reporting, forecasting and review of business unit overhead expenses.
- Ensure timely submission of forecast and budget P&Ls and all supporting sub schedules.
- Perform the monthly review of inventories, including reconciliation of balance sheet reserves, DSI, assessment of excess and closeout levels. Partnering with the Marketing and Sales teams on process of maintaining accuracy and integrity of Closeout and Excess inventory lists.
- Conduct monthly review of sales allowances, including forecast projections, balance sheet review and customer investment levels. Partnership with Sales and Finance Services team on continual process enhancement.
- Be a key business partner to Sales, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources Departments in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to the business.
- Support the VP Finance in short and long-term planning and modeling aimed at identifying and communicating risks and opportunities and options to inform strategies and decision making in the achievement of financial goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the review and evolution of processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiencies and monitor, develop and implement best practices in financial models and management reporting.
- Lead and mentor your team and provide coaching to accomplish their goals.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s in finance or Accounting; CPA, CMA or MBApreferred.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Financial Planning & Business Analysis, within commercial business units including P&L and balance sheet management exposure.
- Ability to build relationships, align and influence in a global, matrixed, organization
- Your strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with a passion for results
- Leadership experience with strategic financial planning activities, driving efficiency/process enhancement
- Your energy for working in a dynamic, collaborative, fast-paced environment, and handling several projects at a time